Sunday 15 July 2018

Un-Alone


 I keep remembering being down on the prom of an evening, taking photos of an almost obscured sunset with an interloper.  I had a look through the blog in case I was remembering photos I'd already posted, but the nearest I could find was Triffic Sunset from late June.  Then I searched through my folders full of photos and eventually found the set in question - and they certainly weren't of a terrific sunset.  They were languishing in a folder full of rhododendrons and cowpats from the end of May.  Because they were taken on the 27th May - the same day as the Sheringham Park rhododendron jaunt - they ended up in the folder from that day which I'd already sorted and labelled.  And because I neglected to relabel the folder, my rubbish memory consigned the experience to a fleeting subconscious might-have-been.

 Anyway.  Now they're found, here they are:  
   
Not the Aurorae Borealis, just clouds

An extremely hazy close up of the sun before it dipped below the horizon


The last slice of sun, barely visible beyond the sea

This is the view West towards Cromer from the end of the promenade in Overstrand

Close-up of Cromer Pier (well, as close as Camera could manage at that distance)

A Standby Safety Vessel (disappointingly, not the Vos Gorgeous or Vos Grace)

The view back East with a bright almost full moon and an interloper (and her dog)!

Heavenly!

Another view West from further along the prom where the crab fishermen keep their boats and tractors
(when there's no chance of them getting smashed against the cliffs then swept out to sea in a very high tide or storm surge)

And from even further back East along the prom, I find myself un-alone once more as someone else has decided to come down here and take photos!

Just look at him.  Brazen!

A light curse and a couple of seconds later he slipped on a bit of seaweed and toppled off the prom.
Ahhh...  Alone again!


13 comments:

  1. Proposed name for the unknown sailing vessel: Vosy McVosface!

    Did I win yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know? I'm a witch, not a well-to-do lady of a certain age with a bottle of Champagne and a fantastic throwing arm!

      Delete
  2. Wow those were stunning pictures!!!!!

    It was almost as though I was there sitting on a romantic night. I swear I felt someone feeling my leg up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I misread the title to mean you were cruising the prom, picked someone up and took pictures of him.
    My filthy mind shows me up again lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filthy your mind may be, but it knows the truth. Maybe not for this set of photos, but today when I was down on the beach...

      Well, you'll find out soon when I finish sorting photos and put the next post up!

      Delete
    2. I ain't lost my prognosticatory touch!

      Delete
  4. I love that spectacular and haunting capture of the mysterious, enthralling full moon. Gorgeous!

    How dare those interlopers foto bomb your pics! Here's to hoping they all get sand in their shoes and those hard to reach places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, that Moon shot is my favourite, too. There's nothing like a good Moon!

      Delete
  5. Whore of Babylon. I hope you gave him a good mouthful for stealing your patch.
    Did you see the waxing moon last night? Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should have done, but I made do with a huge tut followed by some muttering under my breath.
      No, I haven't seen the Moon for a week or so. I'll keep an eye out tonight.

      Delete
  6. I saw the moon the night before last and it was looking particularly jaunty, like something from a storybook.
    Anyhow, I like a bit of haze, which is how I'm feeling - very hazy and vague.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blast! I forgot to look for the moon! Perhaps tonight...

      Is your hazy vagueness, or vague haziness something that might be banished by a good night's sleep, or a slow-mo action shot of Aidan Turner emerging shirtless from the surf?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?