Thursday 21 June 2018

Triffic Sunset


 Today I've been lumbered with both nieces, The Little Witch (who is currently laying on my bed watching Ladybug and Cat Noir on Netflix to keep her out of my hair) and Von Smallhausen*, so I haven't had much time to do anything except post these photos from Tuesday night's sunset from Overstrand Beach.

This was the view at the top of the cliff from behind Château DeVice

By the time I'd got down the rickety steps to the promenade, the sun had set



The Moon took over from the Sun...

I couldn't quite get both the Moon and the Sunset in the same photo, though





A large and particularly worn old groyne

As I made my way back up the cliff, I passed these Triffids making their way down for an evening stroll

Triffids are even more creepy at dusk

This one snuck up on me when I wasn't paying attention (as they appear to be doing in the States)

::

I've got some bird photos to sort out, including a pair of Mute swans and their seven cygnets, plus a batch of photos of the chalk beds from a very low tide on Sunday, and some other odds and sods.


* Named after this hapless clod from 'Allo 'Allo (due to her small stature, especially when compared to her giantess sister).

16 comments:

  1. ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬
    Oh, tiptoe from the garden
    By the garden of Beaky
    And tiptoe through the Triffids with me
    ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that version had been used in Insidious, the film would have been far to scary to watch!

      Delete
  2. Ooh I used to like von Smallhausen. Was it him who went 'klop' or was it someone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember? Wasn't it the one who wasn't Lieutenant "little tank" Gruber or the colonel? You know, the other one?

      I can remember talk of "ze fallen Madonna viz ze big boobies", though...

      Delete
  3. Oh...I'm so taken with the sunset I almost missed the teeny-weeny moon!
    Great shots of those Triffids.Glad you didn't go crawling in for a macro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only the tide was a little further out - I could've got the moon into shot a bit more.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the beach photos, sweetpea! Well done you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Savvy. It'd been a little while since I'd made it down to the beach.

      Delete
  5. You have such a fantastic big sky - we only ever see half a sunset here. We'd have some lovely ones "if it wasn't for the 'ouses inbetween"... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, our sky isn't quite big enough for us to see 'ackney Marshes!

      Delete
  6. Sunsets always have the most stunning hues. What resplendent colors! Great fotos of the beaches from the cliffs. Love the giant half moon--so surreal. And the plants do look like they are on the march. I hope they enjoy their long walks on the beach.

    P.S. I am also Ladybug and Cat Noir fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you as I was sitting here sorting photos to the accompaniment of Hawkmoth's evil akumas and Chloe being a completely self-absorbed bitch, as usual!

      Delete
  7. 10, 10, 10, 10's across the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably can't see from where you are, but the beach and sun are positively ecstatic at full marks from you! The Triffids are pretty indifferent, though.

      Delete
  8. Those sunset pictures are good! Send me a postcard....and I'll stick it on my wall :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?