Saturday 14 July 2018

Sunbathing and Skinny Dipping


"Skinny dipping?!? C'mon, we've got to have a gander!"
 Before any of you reach for the smelling salts/sick bucket, I'm not the one skinny dipping.  No one wants to see that.
 No.  Someone far better looking than me was caught in the cross-hairs of Camera's telephoto lens.  But before we get to that, there are a few photos from this morning's wander down to the beach to get through first:
 

Halfway down the cliff - Nice day for it

There's a bit of a Nor'Easterly which is good for the offshore wind farms

Almost down to the beach and this is the view East towards Sidestrand and Trimingham


Who's this drying off in the sun atop a big, wet groyne?

Ah, yes.  Cormorants!

And here are some more

How lovely it'd be to sunbathe on a yacht while a couple of cabin boys see to one's every need!

In the time spent fantasising about a life with more money, the tide has gone out a bit, exposing the beach...

... along with other flotsam and jetsam, like this fresh piece of Egg Wrack (Ascophyllum nodosum)

This Painted Lady had spread herself out in the sun, but I didn't see any other harlots or jezebels, thankfully.

A Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)...

... and juvenile

Before I knew it, I'd gone past the End-of-the-Line

Next stop: Trimingham!  (I wasn't walking all that way, so I turned around and headed back)

Geology and stuff...

Finding a sheltered spot against the cliff, I sat down to enjoy the view which is when the skinny dipper caught my beady eye

I think he'd fallen asleep.  He's clearly snoring in this shot - just look at those flared nostrils!

Pretending to be a shark fin...

A mouth-open snore this time.  

Clearly snored loud enough to wake himself up!


o


18 comments:

  1. Those closing pictures are great...so cute. The boat reminds me of when Warbucks had his, and we went way out and sun bathed nude...rather freeing and private very cool. Hard not to sleep with the boat bobbing.

    I've been back only five days...miss the sand and surf already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Boat bobbing"? Is that what it's called in nautical circles? It's a new one to me!

      Delete
    2. Frigging in the rigging comes to mind. Jx

      Delete
  2. Let's just hope that adorable seal manages to stay alert enough to evade a certain Canadian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. Am I going to have to parade up and down the beach with a pair of cymbals to crash together whenever the seal drops off?

      Delete
  3. I scrolled down with bated breath, expecting to see a Henry Scott Tuke scene to emerge before my eyes but what do I get instead? A fat wanton North Sea strumpet up to her old tricks again.

    Love the boat photograph, it reminds me of a water colour print I used to have in the bedroom of young men pushing a boat out to sea, I can't remember the artist's name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint you, Mitzi. Although, you might have known that culture and art steer well clear of Chateau DeVice.

      P.S. Of Tuke's work, I rather like the look of the manacled boy, I mean Rounding the Manacle Buoy.

      Delete
  4. Disgusting boy. And can you remove your tripod from my lane please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please. I can scarcely believe that you even noticed my (not insignificant) tripod up your rather broad lane.

      Delete
  5. That beach! Sweet Mary sunshine, but every single time I see your photos I am ready to MOVE! Of course, I'd have to move back here when it snows/gets too cold! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, if you're not keen on the cold, you'll be living here for only a couple of months (if that) in the year, then! Although, I'd love you to stay longer.

      Delete
  6. It's about time I took a camera down to the sea...
    After breakfast.Maybe.If I can find enough warm wrappings.'Aint no 'eatwave 'ere, dahlins'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just found some climate data for your neck of the woods. July, it seems, has an average low of 11°C and an average high of 22°C, which seems relatively balmy to me. Or. maybe I'm just barmy...?
      Whichever, I'd love to see some sea photos with, perhaps, the fluttering of a scarf, or the fuzzy blur of a mitten-covered thumb...

      Delete
  7. Bloody nature gets everywhere doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! But one eventually learns to put up with it.

      Delete
  8. The wave breakers down the cliffs look neat and sturdy. Love the fotos of the birds, seaweed, and that gorgeous butterfly. I saw on Blue Planet or a similar nature show that Painted Ladies have the farthest migration of any animal, wintering in sub-Saharan African jungles, then summering up in Scandinavia! And when winter comes, those butterflies head high up the stratosphere and ride the winds down to Africa! Those Painted Ladies sure do get around!

    And I love the seal foto. I am still surprised he is alone. Don't they usually travel or stay in a group? This solo one makes me suspect he is a Selkie! Watch out, though. Selkies are smooth operators. You let your guard down around them and next thing you know, you'll be treated like a painted lady up and down Madam's Lane!

    Great fotos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I think I saw the same show. I was amazed to find out how far these seemingly delicate butterflies travel.

      There's a colony of seals a bit further along the coast, so I expect he may originate from there. However, he does seem to spend a lot of his time here. You don't think he's stalking me, do you?

      *considers letting guard down*

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?