Saturday 21 July 2018

Saturday Swim: A Sea Witch in Short-Shorts


What shadowy creature lurks in the depths shallows...?
 This "Summer" malarkey is getting a bit ridiculous.  We haven't had rain for weeks, the sun's out, the sea is (relatively) warm, and my shorts have made their way into my regular clothing (I hesitate to say "fashion") rotation! 
 After nipping behind Château DeVice this morning to see what the sea was like (calm & clear), I donned my short-shorts and plummeted down the cliff for a Saturday swim! 

This is what greeted me when I got down to the beach.  Ghastly, isn't it?

I didn't have to go far to get a massive groyne all to myself

See?  No one about

No seals today.  But a catshark did get up close and personal before realising that I was bigger than it was

Kinky

This groyne's so big it has its own boardwalk

Just a load of Klingons cling-ons

A winkle

A Sea Witch in short-shorts!

Someone's not impressed.  We'd better end this post here, then.

18 comments:

  1. Where I work is over the road from the clap clinic. You'd be amazed at the queue of groynes before opening time, all wanting to have their klingons removed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to imagine the sheer volume of worn-out, battered old groynes and encrustations that fill the skips out back!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! My kind of beach - no one else there!
    And a shag on a groyne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shags on groynes only happen when no one else is around - we're quite respectable around here.

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing a giant in short shorts. I like giants in short shorts.

    But I didn't enjoy the pictures at all, your right...very upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a chore living in such a contemptible environment with such objectionable weather. I don't know how we keep going?!

      The giant in short shorts is going out to do some more lurking in the shallows soon.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic beach fotos! You had it all to yourself! The rest of the suckers are going to regret not enjoying the summer when winter freezes everything in the coming months. Embrace the heat and Revel in the summer while it lasts.

    How brave of you to scare off that shark. I'd be nervous waving my groyne at something with sharp teeth...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprisingly lucky yesterday. All the riff-raff had stayed on the main beach (easier to access). They probably scared the shark off towards my end of the beach. It was only a tiddler, though.

      The shark, not the groyne...

      Delete
  5. Have you ever been tempted to go au naturel, give your bits an airing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done once or twice, but after that seal and then the shark got a little too close for comfort, I'm going to stick to trunks so everything's tucked away.

      Delete
  6. Lovely close-up on your winkle. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. Perhaps I should have thought about the juxtaposition of the photos a bit more...

      Delete
  7. Short shorts????? Crazy talk. Although I have discarded my vest.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your vest?!? Only nine more layers to go, then?

      Delete
  8. I think you’ll find ‘malarkey’ is copyrighted. I’ll be using an invoice - please pay within 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hasn't the statute of limitations (or somesuch) run out by now? After all, it's been an absolute AGE since you've actually used your 'malarkey'. I could do with some malarkey, actually - perhaps you can practise it on me?!?!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?