Friday 30 December 2022

The Year of the Lazy Baggage*

* No.  Not that one this time.  It's IWeMeUs!

 That's right, We are the Lazy Baggage in question.  I'm sure you can't have failed to notice a glut of lazyitis in the vicinity of Hexenhäusli Device this year?  In fact, I'm so lazy that I can't even be bothered to come up with an excuse think of the reason for not actually blogging that much.  I'm sure there was one, though...
 As luck would have it, a certain someone's penchant for Monday GIFs has come in handy as this one from January illustrates the horror and despair I felt upon opening this draft post and realising that it was so unfinished as to be barely started!
 Look, we haven't got time to appear terrified-yet-glamorous while trotting about in the garden encrusted in jewels and wearing something far too skimpy for this time of year!  We've got to try and remember what happened this year, then wrap it up and bundle it in the back of the sideboard so that the New Year can start on time!
 Oh, cripes.  We'd better get on with it, then.  It's a good job that everyone else has been quite productive:

January

Event : After years and years and years of deliberation, cogitation, and waiting for just the right moment, Ms Scarlet banished her FGES anxiety and launched the New Year by holding the Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Caption Competition!
Rimpy's sigh of relief could be heard across the globe...

 Two weeks later, Maddie, the Mistress Borghese, won the competition and became the 28th person to become inflicted with the 'Shorts!
 
 And two weeks after that, Ms Scarlet prepares herself to go through Post Shorts Syndrome...
 

Discovery : I was almost beside myself when I discovered a modern, live-action clip from one of my favourite 80s cartoons - Dungeons and Dragons!


 My excitement was dulled somewhat when I realised that it was from a Brazilian Renault advert, but I still live in hope of a car-less reboot (fan-edited English language version here).

February

Quotes : "An erect stud at 16 hands is something to behold and rather terrifying I must say!", and...

 "There is only one correct weapon in the warfare of fine dining!"  ~  Melanie, Tiny Horses at ProximaBlue.

Art : Jason deCaires Taylor's Underwater Sculpture as featured at Maddie's

Not Art.  Or is it? 
 
It is.  X-ray photo of the centre of the Milky Way, as featured at Peenee's.  Oh, and a very, very pretty boy (one Marcos Antonio Gomez)
 
 
Music : "The Procession of Celestial Beings" from The Tale of Princess Kaguya (as featured here)
 


March

Events : Amongst the dreaming, hideous wallpaper, and plague of frogs, there was a birthday and a Sweet Sixteenth blogging anniversary

 And another earlier birthday that went undocumented, unfortunately (unlike the year before).


April

Event : A Sideboard Invasion by Ms Scarlet!  Although it wasn't all bad, as it deposited a slightly foxy Hugh Laurie-a-like on my Sideboard.  Albeit one in dubious knitwear...

Art : A new Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Travel Map is published!  I haven't included an image here because a second edition features later on.

Quote : "Quite apart from any mention of Fanny, do you think I would like it?"  ~  Hound wondering if a glimpse of Fanny is worth it.


May


PSA : Mr Tonking informed us that May was Water Safety Month - and Mr Peenee joined in the celebrations by launching his yacht to allow some lounging about on deck.

Music : After all that excitement, I need to cool off.  Flag down that ice-cream van - I fancy a 99!
(Thank you, Jon)

 

June

PSA : Mistress Maddie shows us the benefits of a well polished mirror in one of her series of housekeeping tips.

Art & Men : We know that Peenee is a pro at recognising photoshop-enhanced mens and pointing them out on his blog.  So, as he didn't mention it for the image on the far right, we can only assume that he knows what's depicted there is pretty much exactly the type of monster that's lurking behind the crotch (and most of the right leg) of those jeans in the original image on the right.

GIF : Oh, no.  It's Monday again, and someone's caught Jon Jerking Furiously!

Music & Dance : Diego is so adorable, and his subconscious desire for dance just makes him even more endearing in this clip from the third season of The Umbrella Academy!  (As first featured here)


July

Quote : "You have a glorious back passage, I have bees up my chimney."  ~  Ms Scarlet and a euphemism that doesn't bear thinkging about, at Jon's.

Music & Men : "Hey Boy" Nichelle Nichols at Jon's.  And also, somewhere over the rainbow, a tin can man.

 

Men : Blimey!  I met one!

And there was a frisson!!!  (which deserves the three exclamation marks.  And possibly more!)

 

 

August

GIF : The Creeping Terror ruins Jon's Monday.  (Adele at the end there doesn't look too happy about it either)

Quote : Nick comes through once again* with another trolley-based number: "Well, there was the horrifying tea trolley disaster in 1972, which left 6 dead and 43 injured. I’m still being blamed for the catastrophic brake failure."  He left this at Ms Scarlet's 'Too Many Daisies' post at the end of the month.

 The runner-up (from the same Ms Scarlet post) is Lisleman with: "If I repeat “self-indulgent twaddle” throughout the day will those that hear me think I’m British?".  Almost certainly, Lisleman.  Bravo!

* You may recall that Nick won the Most Intriguing Commment (or Commentaire d'Intrigue) award back in 2019, which inadvertantly spawned the Ms Scarlet with the Trolley on the Mezzanine calamity over the Cusp.

Music : "Holiday" by Confidence Man, all thanks to Jon.  Again.


September

Well, that was a bit of a downer.


October

Event : One of the other events of the year begins continues: Over the Cusp in Mogwash!  

Music : Thanks to Jon introducing us to Bill McClintock's James Brown/Judas Priest mashup, "Electric Sex Machine", I found myself listening to the "Attack of the Tridents" theme (from 80s cartoon Ulysses 31) quite a lot because of the very similar motif.

Event : On Hallowe'en, the visitors to Mogwash Manor dared enter the Orangery of 'orror and beheld its Terrifying Triffidery!


November

Events : As if I need to mention them. 

 Oh, all right then: The 12th Annual Infomaniac Garden Photos Event ran throughout this month, featuring gardens and greenery from ten of us!

 And later in the month, Maddie, the Mistress Borghese, held the 26th Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Caption Competition!!!

The unlucky winner, Janie Junebug, was notified of the consequences of her ill-advised caption later in the month. 

[The second 2022 edition of the Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Travel Map]

Music : Something I found by myself without any help from Jon for a change: "All You Do" by Magdalena Bay


December

PSA : It was so cold that the entire population of Britain was notified to prepare to be airlifted to warmer climes.

~o~

 May the coming year find you in a better place than the old year left you (you'll have to be quick to get to that better place though, as the changing of the years goes by at quite a clip!).

 Before we go, we'd better dust off 

The Most Inconsiderate Birthday Award

because someone has the continuing audacity to have a birthday on New Year's Eve!

 Yes, it's dear Savvy, of course - Happy Birthday, Savvy!


 And that just about wraps things up for 2022, except to wish you a most splendid 2023 and...

Corgi's : by Norma

22 comments:

  1. First of all, how did I miss Mr Massive?!?!?! Second, just to clarify about the mirror tips, that was my Lad in the mirror, not me. I have a nice ass too, but I'd kill for his arms. And it seems only appropriate that Savvy start the new year. At least she will be on time!!! On my bucket list for 2023 is to travel to the UK and kidnap you and bring you to the Casa du Borghese!!!!!! I can cook too.

    Happy New Year's Mr DeVice!!!!!!!! 🎇✨🎆🍸🎉🧚‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed Mr Massive because I got in there first and snatched him away! Mwah hah hah hah haaaaa!!!

      I did wonder about the reflection - you certainly have a fine figure, but those arms... Woof! I thought that maybe you'd stumbled into some good lighting?

      If you do make it over here to kidnap me, give me a bit of notice and I'll make sure Mr Massive comes along for the ride!

      Happy New Year, Maddie!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a much happened this year, didn't it? I missed a lot what with all our moving from one place to another-and-another. So I'm glad of your annual re-cap!
    Here's to those we love and bugger the rest! I shouldn't say that here should I! Love to everyone in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm glad my scattered rememberences serve a purpose.

      Yes, bugger the rest! Speak as you choose, I say!

      Happy New Year, Dinah!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to insist that if you see a man in 2023 that makes your heart skip the worth of three exclamation marks then you must at least go to them and say "Hello." Perhaps even be so bold as to ask for their number, for a coffee, a tea, a garden walk for starters, you know something mundane!

    I didn't see the adventurous bathmat saga mentioned. Did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I did make a note of our bath mat adventures - "Over the Cusp in Mogwash" - in October, but it started in September (I believe?), and that, as I'm sure you're aware, was a complete write off.
      I'm happy to note that Ms Scarlet is ready to take up the baton very soon to either end, or at least put a temporary halt on our Epic Collaboration.

      I'm not holding out hope for such a man in 2023, but should one appear (even one worth only two exclamations), I will endeavour to do something mundane ;)

      Happy New Year, Melanie!

      Delete
  4. Wow. 2022 has gone by in a flash... Jx

    PS Thanks for the (multiple) mentions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, 2022 would have seemed a bit longer if only I could have remembered more of it... Still, if it wasn't for you, it would have barely been a footnote!

      Happy New Year, Jon!

      Delete
  5. A fabulous round up of the year and a lot of work for a 'Lazy Baggage'.
    I think the first gif is my fave but I love the watering can man too.
    Wishing all, a very Happy, Heathy and Wealthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first GIF from your lovely Jon was the seed from which this round up began! I saved it back in January for this very post - it's just a shame I couldn't keep up with everything that everyone published. Still, there's always next year...

      Speaking of: Happy New Year, Madam A!

      Delete
  6. All of it only seems like yesterday!!! And if you are a lazy baggage, then what am I???
    Meanwhile - I will slap up another Epic Collaboration post in January - though I should really do it now!!
    Thank you for being a fabulous sport in 2022!!! All the very best for a cheerful, prosperous New Year!!
    Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do the years go so much quicker the less young one gets?!? Such speedy years make lazy baggaging far too easy to accomplish!

      I'm looking forward to more Epic Collaborating in one way or another - especially as I have absolutely nothing of worth languishing in my Blogger drafts - so, thank you to you, too!

      Happy New Year, Ms Scarlet!

      Delete
  7. I missed a LOT this past year, sweetpea! But as Mistress Maddie said, I will be on time for the New Year! xoxoxo for the Birthday shout out, darling IDV! Happy New Year to all y'all and much love in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On time for the New Year and the Garden Photos Event! Who are you, and what have you done with our Savvy?!?

      Happy New Year and Happy Birthday, Savvy!!

      Delete
  8. I need a lie-down after all that excitement.

    You did a brilliant job of the Garden Photos Event, Mr. DeVice and it was wonderful to see so many contributions, even if only one person submitted duck photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's room on the chaise now as I'm about to get in the bath for a couple of hours!

      The Infomaniac Garden Photos Event is always a draw, and we have you to thank for it, Very Mistress! Perhaps 2023 will be the Year of the Duck?

      Happy New Year, Very Mistress!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the recap - and the shout out. Only you possess the type of mind capable of cataloging it all. For me? The year is a blur... although there are moments I relive over and over again as I try to drift off to sleep. Some count sheep, I count boudoir conquests. Wishing you the very best in the New Year, my friend. Have fun tonight! I'm so glad you're in the world - we're all the better for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S... I think the world would be better off if we actually did catch a glimpse of Jon Jerking Furiously. Just a thought. Kizzes.

      Delete
    2. Mr Tonking, you say the nicest, most charming things - it's no wonder you have enough conquests to count down to sleep!
      Have fun tonight yourself, and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  10. I borrowed the box from Schrodinger's cat and gave you a new year's present just under the wire before the clock turned. I told you I would have my way with your sideboard one more time before the year ended! I always deliver on my threats/promises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Well done! I'd forgotten about your intentions towards my Sideboard. As it is in keeping with the occasion, I have featured it in my latest post.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It's Ms Scarlet or Dinah's turn next to begin the new year's sideboard abominations. :)

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?