Monday 31 October 2022

Terrifying Triffidery 2022 : The Orangery of 'orror!

 Yes, it's time for:


 Welcome to the close and humid environs of Mogwash Manor's opulent orangery for this year's

T e r r i f y i n g   T r i f f i d e r y !

 The usual rules apply: 

1. No pushing and shoving on your way around

2. Don't get too close to the specimens, and

3. Don't feed them - unless you don't need your hand/arm/upper body & head [delete as applicable]

 For those of you who make it to the end relatively unscathed, please feel free to sound off in the comments what you think each triffid mutated from, and who generously donated each spooky specimen.  [Please note: One or more of the Blogorati may have provided multiple triffid photos - including the one that forms the background of the Terrifying Triffidery poster up there.]

 And remember: Terrifying Triffidery - as part of the Infomaniac Garden Photos Event - is NOT a competition, so there will be no winner (and certainly no prizes - not least because we're a cheapskate).

 Oh, and here's a little accompaniment to your wanderings: "Dead of Night", by Erasure


 Now, off you pop.  We'll meet the survivors - if there are any - at the end of the tour...

☙❧

There's something lurking in the swamp...


... and it's not your mother's feather duster!


Death by a thousand pricks?


The Triffid from Mars!


Oh, no...  I'm having horrible, horrible flashbacks!


r E d R u M


Please tell me those aren't giant sea lice skittering past the Muppet version of an inside-out whale?!?


Who sent in this three-cheeked bum complete with its resident tapeworm?!
FFS!  I just can't even.


Some hideous sea monster complete with grasping tentacles?  Nope!


Oh, gods.   There's another one!


At last, a bit of class and sophistication to end with thanks to this Vampiric beauty...


... and this lead up to the Day of the Dead.

☙❧

 Oh, shitting hells!  Who left the orangery door open on their way out?
 Who even made it out, more to the point?
 Never mind that now, some of the triffids have escaped!
Does this place have any Agent Orange or a flame thrower?
Almost certainly not...
 The only thing capable of taking on these terrifying triffids is a monster slug...

I'd scream too if I found a slug that size on my hostas!
 
[The GIF is from the 1964 horror sci-fi film The Creeping Terror,
and was brought to my attention by Jon back in August]

☙❧

 We'll see you back here in a couple of days or so for the start of the Infomaniac Garden Photos Event!

H a p p y   H a l l o w e e n !



32 comments:

  1. OMG!!! What great and terrifying triffids!!!!!!!!!!! After seeing these I could use a stiff drink, a bath and had the urge to mount maybe one of two of these. What a glorious way to kick off the tour and Hallow's Eve. I dare say the giant sea lice is even unnerving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I must share your announcement on my blog.

      Delete
    2. Yes, this year's selection of triffidery truly is terrifying!

      And let me guess, did you take a fancy, perhaps, to the Vampiric Beauty?

      Delete
    3. If it's all the same, I'd rather enjoy your vampiric beauty.

      Delete
    4. Stop it! You'll make me blush, which will clash horribly with the orange t-shirt I'm wearing!

      Delete
  2. The RedRum is Mitzi!!!! There is something peculiar reflected in the glass patio doors that looks like an Alien dog - and something otherworldly going on.
    I'm guessing The Feather Duster belongs to Maddie as it's the most suggestive? Although the Bum Cheeks are also suggestive - I will have to come back and think some more.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as Mitzi has arrived and confirmed it, yes, rEdRuM is from Mitzi. Well done, Ms Scarlet!

      I can't possibly comment on your other guesses, though.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Horrifying, indeed. I reckon pics 2 and 11 might well be of Ms Scarlet's world-famous "pink bush", and I'm pretty sure those "sea-lice" are tropical, so I'd guess Dinah. And if there's a thousand pricks involved, then it must be Maddie!

    Can't wait to find out... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on form as always, Jon - although I'm not going to say which one (or ones) you got right.

      P.S. I've just updated the post with Sonique's "I Put A Spell On You" having just seen a version of it at yours. I meant to include it before publishing, but complete forgot!

      Delete
  4. It's that bullmastiff I told you about. Front of the house bay window, I don't venture out into the front garden in case I get collared by the neighbours, who want me to host a Macmillan morning, it's never going to happen. I'll have to move.

    Mother's feather duster you often see prints like that for sale in Wilkos and hung on the walls of dubious guest houses in Blackpool.

    I'm stirred towards the vampric beauty, don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have a guard dog to put off those coffee morning women, Mitzi!

      Perhaps your Vampiric Beauty stirrings are similar to those of Maddie's?

      Delete
    2. Most likely...us whores have to stick together.

      Delete
  5. Adore Erasure and LOVE LOVE LOVE that poster! Thank you for including me, I am very humbled. Can't wait to see everyone's summer endeavors. Your are just a dear to take this one - as I can appreciate all the work that goes into something like this! Can't wait! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. - INCREDIBLE photos! You have an eye for terrifying!

      Delete
    2. I'm so relieved that you found your photos, Mr Tonking! I was on the fainting chaise within mere micromips upon hearing that you'd lost them, but all's well now.

      The photos are incredible, aren't they?! Everyone's done such a fantastic job of finding the frightening!

      Delete
    3. It's beyond me why we haven't had "Your are just a dear to take this one" on tee shirts yet.

      Delete
    4. I'm dialling the printer's as we speak!

      Delete
  6. Did I win yet?

    I'm asking for "a friend."*

    *in memory of dear friend, LX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The New Management would like to remind you all that the Garden Photos Event is NOT a contest!

      (I can only imagine in wonder as to what kitchen comestible dear LẌ would have sent in)

      Delete
  7. Aw yes, LX. *Holds a moment of silence* Had I been more clever I would have hidden a cat face somewhere in the triffidery. I suppose the reference to agent orange will have to do. The base ingredients for mustard gas are Clorox and Windex. Don't mix your cleaning supplies kids!

    A lovely turnout if I do say so! Thank you as always for being such a gracious host (and a sexy clever one at that!) to keep the events running! The poster at the top is my favorite touch of the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Melanie. Not least for an excuse NOT to clean my windows! (Just in case, you know...)

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute....is Melanie getting fresh with you Mr. DeVice? Now Melanie, aren't you married? When it comes to Mr. DeVice, I will handle his thing, hummmm, I meant things.

      Delete
    3. Once I reveal which triffid is mine, Maddie, you might have second thoughts about handling it...

      Delete
    4. Mistress Maddie, I fall in love with people all the time! I'm married, not dead, darling! Can't I flirt with gay men? I don't expect anyone to wake up and suddenly be gay or not gay, that's just silly!

      You can do whatever you want with IDV's ~things~ so long as he willingly consents. I'm first and foremost and advocate for consent!

      Delete
  8. Erasure...a very nice touch indeed. These triffids look even more terrifying than last year. I think that the Mistress's might be the pricks for reason you'd think, or the being from Mars, with its phallic likeness, but then even a saucy minx, he is usually very pretty and proper, so I agree with Ms Scarlett...the feather duster has to be Maddie's. Some of these look just plain gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "Dead of Night" - it's one of the few more recent Erasure numbers that I do really like - so I absolutely had to include it.

      As for Mistress Maddie and the Thousand Pricks, well, I shall reveal all later today!

      Delete
  9. "Back to back and belly to belly . Ah doan give a damn cos Ahm dead already at the zombie jamboree" The Kingston Trio do it better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4k5XftdTMs

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY!
    Oh, those close ups are fantastic!
    And I Iove Erasure. Fantastic post to start November!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Sixpence! Our gardeners are nothing if not creative and classy.
      There's still time to send in photos of your moss terrariums, you know...

      Delete
  11. All Brilliant.
    The giant sea lice really are the stuff of nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are. I wish I hadn't 'seen' them in the photo that Dinah supplied - I don't know what my brain was thinking in conjuring up those monstrosities?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?