Friday 3 June 2022

Not More Hats of Dame Barbara Cartland?!?

 Would you excuse me, please.  I'm just navigating from one disaster to another.  Having finally got to grips with The Great Comment Catastrophe, I now find myself without a suitable hat for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.  I've already missed nearly two days of it because Liz threatened to revoke my Royal Garden Party invitation if I didn't attend at least one day out the four suitably attired.

 I've resorted to trawling through Dame Barbara Cartland's photo album* looking for inspiration because I couldn't find a thing I liked in her Collectors' Edition brochure...

You'll probably need to click then right-click and open in a new window to see this properly

 I quite like her witch's hat, but that's probably because it's very similar to my day-to-day wear.  However, I think I'm going to go for the swimming cap (although I may dispense with one of the masts and its array of sails). 

 Now I just need to get measured up.  Does anyone know if the Infomaniac House of Beauty is open today?

 

* More of the Pink Dame's photo album can be found here.

12 comments:

  1. I'm a bit torn here between commenting on how much you do remind me of dear Dame Barbara and being surprised at Liz inviting the sort of people wot aren't equipped with proper attire.
    Please tell me you have the gloves already?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Wc1e4kpXiyg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have the proper attire - it's just that I was dressed in a frou-frou pink number not unlike Dame Barbara at the last royal do I attended, and Liz felt upstaged.

      And as if you have to ask about the gloves. Why, I even have my rings on over them!

      Delete
  2. You've been busy! I am alive. I'm sorry I've missed so many posts! My compliments to the Queen for living so long and not getting overthrown and all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She... She lives!!

      No apologies necessary. After all, I've missed loads this year what with my lallygagging around. Anyway, glad to see you back - I'll be over at yours shortly.

      Delete
  3. I rather fancy the "Deerstorker-emu-moa-creation". I have the perfect epaulettes to go with it! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enhanced with lashings and lashings of feathers, I expect?

      Delete
  4. I could pull off a fascinator. Literally. Though seriously there are plenty of pigeons around these parts who could sit in and behave themselves. I'd probably win prizes for my originality IF I"D BEEN INVITED.
    *Exits in a puff of feathers*
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I was surprised not to find you there. I thought you were in the loo or something?

      Delete
    2. I'm surprised you haven't tried to fasten Beaky to your wig.

      Delete
    3. I must admit, when he's quiet and still, he's a handsome little bugger and would make for an arresting fascinator. However, even if he managed to pull off the quiet and still parts, he'd still deliberately shit everywhere*

      * i.e. on me.

      Delete
  5. Well, I was not invited so I've saved a few bob, but had I been there I probably would have gone for a Gertrude Shilling number.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?