Friday, 25 January 2008
I must dictate a most crucial memo!*
Ah ha! A meme - What fun! However, I fear I'll not be able to top Snooze's #2 on her list - Go and have a look, do.
1) Link to the person who tagged you
2) Post the rules
3) List six seemingly unimportant habits or quirks about yourself
4) Tag six other people and post the tag in the comments on their blogs
1. I always say "hello" to Car when I get in, and "thank you" when I get out. Sometimes I lovingly pat the side of the centre console, too. Well, if I'm nice to Car, Car shouldn't break down and leave me stranded somewhere, right?
2. I can never bring myself to kill the snails in my garden who demolish my hostas. Instead, I put them in the wheelie bin. I know that they'll get crushed to death in the dust cart** but its not me that actually kills them, so that's OK.
However, I have no qualms about cutting slugs in half with the edge of my trowel. Disgusting little muck-monsters!
3. I feel wretched if I have to turn off the stereo while it's halfway through playing a track, be it on the radio or on a CD. I have to wait until the song finishes , then I can switch it off and leave the house or get out of Car, depending where I've got the stereo on.
4. Saying "Shit" amuses me. Not as an alternative to poo, but as a swear. I think it's because The Mother used to say it a lot when my sisters and I were young. We knew it was rude, but found it funny to hear an authority figure say it.
5. I can't abide cauliflower but I do like broccoli.
6. This might be because I'm a Gayer, but I have a horrible memory when it comes to female faces. I can remember names and birthdays and mens faces but not the girls. I have to meet them at least five or six times before it starts sinking in. I worry that I ignore quite a lot of girls I know by walking straight past them in the street. If they're with their boyfriends, that's a different matter!
Right. I'm going to tag Tim, CyberPoo, ErosWings, KyahGirl, Gledwood and Tatas. But not right now as I'm off to work. I'll do it at lunchtime or after work, unless you've already been here and realised you've been tagged.
* Does anyone know, or can anyone guess who said this? Bonus points if you know where she was at the time.
** Biffa lorry or garbage truck.