Thursday 18 July 2019

The Makings of a Map


The middle of the month has come and gone, so I thought it was about time that I made a start on my cartographic canvas for the July Map Challenge, as proposed here, by Ms Scarlet, and seconded here, by Dinahmow.


 I had an idea for the map as early as 16th June, but that's been superseded by another idea that popped into my head on 9th July (the 16th June one would have been rather derivative of the map which started this whole shebang, my Star Trek treasure map from May).  This latest idea incorporates a premonition I had on 2nd July (which involves our next adventure over the Cusp - apologies in advance to all concerned), and an update to another map which has previously graced this very blog (amongst others).
 Below are some more clues, both subtle and gross*, in case the teaser image above has you flummoxed.




* No, not that sort of gross.

9 comments:

  1. I can see "Yellow Brick Road", "Dinah" and what looks like "Grindr" (but is probably "Glinda"), so I assume that Ms Mow is going to be wearing acres of turquoise tulle and carrying a wand by the end of all this. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying it's not, but if it is, in fact, Grindr, Ms Mow may still be wielding a wand by the end of all this!

      Delete
  2. Well that teaser does look very familiar! Is it a FGES sort of teaser???
    Persuade Dinah to do what???
    Sx
    I have finished my map, but it is very boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be a FGES sort of teaser... It was, as you've almost certainly cottoned on to, inspired by a previous FGES preview, here.

      Perhaps the persuading is to do with wand wielding?

      I bet your map isn't boring. Perhaps you've spent too much time scrutinising it? I for one can't wait to see a map of Mogwash!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! I got the yellow brick road reference and thought the FGES were featured.And I got all excited. But then I read Jon's post about the chap whose arse turned out to be bigger than he thought...and I got all worried that the FGES wouldn't fit MY derriere.
    And now I'm not sure what I think.Therefore, I am not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your delightful derriere will slip easily into those billowing polyester monstrosities.

      Oh, and how do you feel about "wearing acres of turquoise tulle and carrying a wand" (thank you, Jon) in the not too distant future?

      Delete
    2. Be careful, boys...I might turn you into fairies!

      Delete
    3. You're a little late on that score ;)

      Delete
    4. Yes, THAT particular ship has sailed.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?