Tuesday 30 July 2019

Freakin' Green Elf Shorts: Where Are They Now?


 I spent the weekend in a bit of a panic about this month's Blog Map Challenge.  Most of Saturday found me slaving over a hot Apocalypse Oven to create a meal so blue as to appeal to a Klingon Chancellor, only to have that cow Delilah Smythe appropriate it for a recipe book she's not going to write for 274 years!
 So, when Sunday dawned, I was already fretting about having used up half the weekend, and no further on with my proposed map, which still exists only in the form of brief notes in my Blog Notebook, and a vague idea in my head.
 However, I had a sudden, last-minute inspired solution as to how I was going to get a map finished by the end of July, and a recent comment on an old Freakin' Green Elf Shorts post shows that this solution is warranted.  And here is that solution:


 Yes, it's an update to the Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Travel Map - Now with a double helping of Ms Scarlet!!!

 For those who need a reminder, please visit Rimpy Rimpington's Continuing History of the Freakin' Green Elf Shorts!

::

 I still plan on creating a new map for this month's Map Challenge, but it will be exceedingly late, because I think it will hinge upon my write-up of our impending adventures over the Cusp, which my crystal ball gives vague assurances will occur in a month or two.

 Probably...

17 comments:

  1. They must stink by now. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gas mask is the only acceptable way to accessorise the 'Shorts!

      Delete
  2. Where ever they are, Im certain they are attaining more DNA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not content with having a life of their own, the 'Shorts crave the life of others!

      Delete
  3. Technically I was in Devon the first time, but I did have to journey to Dorset to steal them. I am hoping to stage the competition before Christmas - although I may have said that last year!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm pretty sure you did say that ;)

      Delete
    2. Oops! At the time, I must have thought you lived quite close to Mr BEAST. I might have known you'd be sensible enough to live at least a county away.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful! I shall update my blog with this new map. I dare say, when they move on from Scarlet, a total revamping of the map may necessary to make room for the next
    recipient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An overhaul is on the cards, Rimpy. In fact, I was hoping to do just that for Ms Scarlet's and Dinahmow's map challenge this month, but time escaped me once more. Plus, I had a plate of blue food to contend with, too.

      Delete
  5. You managed to shanghai two avians with one rock! Well played!These FGES have been making the rounds for quite a while now and I can't help wondering if they can still accommodate the increased avoir du poix of some of us...(not you, Scarlet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what a bit of deadline-panic can bring about!

      Now, what's all this about Imperial measurements? We should be using Metric, surely?

      Delete
    2. I thought putting X at the end of pois WAS metric?

      Delete
    3. It's all French to me.

      Hang on, didn't the French invent the Metric system?

      Delete
  6. Tradition is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FGES will soon become as traditional as Hallowe'en, Easter, or any type of weather - no matter how mild - affecting British Rail travel!

      Delete
  7. I seem to have developed a FGES fetish and am unable to reach the point of ... You know, without some. Fortunately I have found a local support group and am hoping soon to diversify my sexual interests to suggestive elephant trunk thongs ...

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?