Saturday 29 June 2019

Well, that didn't last long...



 In what seems to be a new craze here on the North-Norfolk coast, bits of cliff have been flinging themselves down on to the beach with reckless abandon.  Either that or our local powered person (I'm loathe to call him a "superhero" because his powers are a bit crap), Cliff Crumbler (thank you, Mago) has been working overtime (no, I'm not trying to shift the blame - I didn't sneeze).
 Yes, as you might have guessed, that teetering tower of clifftop that featured in the last post is no more!
 But its plummet of doom did expose this rather fascinating series of folds in the cliff's strata:



 The photos above and below are kind of "after" shots from those in the previous post.

 I debigulated myself to take the following three photos:



::

 The next four photos are from Sunday's down-time in the dunes:

This is a favourite spot to relax and bask in the sun (if it's out), as the marram grass provides a natural wind-break from the seemingly ever present East Wind

As I panned Camera's sights West, something in the sea caught my eye

A merman! (or other aquatic demi-god)

Oh.  No it's not.  Still, not bad for around here.

::

 Finally, I want to say something about our friend and fellow blogger, he of the impossible umlaut, LẌ, but even with the Host and the SubCs racking our brain, words escape us.  So, we'll just leave this view out over the North Sea from the top of Madam's Lane instead.  It was taken at dusk on the 22nd:


13 comments:

  1. My neck is red, as red as that poor chap's neck who is wading through the waves. I am usually so careful, but the wind caught me. We have had gales. Or was it a giant sneeze?
    Nice sunset, Mr Devine.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This changeable weather we've been having is catching a lot of people out, Ms Scarlet. After getting all hot and bothered about the not-a-merman, the wind changed and a dozen or so nannies blew overhead, their petticoats and umbrellas obscuring the sun!

      Delete
  2. I do believe those sand dunes could be a nice quite place to lay out in the buff. So next time your there watch for me, I might be laying about somewhere. Lovely pictures as always. And watch those falling bits!!!! The rocks that is, not from demi god remove his armor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always a little wary when I go in the dunes, as they do attract the odd nudist. None like the aquatic demi-god, mores the pity.

      Delete
  3. Hot, we expect between 35 and 40°C tomorrow.
    Texas weather.
    Have no words, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how LẌ and Eros cope with it?
      I don't think words are necessary. Of course, I would say that as I couldn't find any either. The Very Mistress has managed it though.

      Delete
  4. I could have done with some sea air today - it was fabulously sunny (and needless to say, I spent all day in it) but the air of Wood Green is somewhat lacking in (ahem!) freshness. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose the waft of air from a half deflated paddling pool isn't quite the same, is it?

      Delete
  5. The second picture is like some of my marbled papers.

    And dusk for LX...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last attempt at marbling was not very successful. The Little Witch and Vom Smallhausen saw much better results. Have you done any lately?

      I like dusk. I hope LẌ likes it too.

      Delete
    2. Marbling? No...it's tricky with a young cat!Especially one who just loves splashing his little paws in water. If we don't close the door to the loo he's up on the cistern, pushing the button...we're gonna have one helluva water bill!

      Delete
  6. Since moving from the right coast to the left coast, I've been remiss in my reading. I have been watching the news and hoping that all y'all were dealing with the EXTREME heat there and finding some shade to relax in. Or maybe, as in your good fortune, lovely vistas/men to gaze upon! xoxo

    (gorgeous sunset pic for LX)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand the lack of blog reading time, Savvy. Especially after a move of that significance. My recent move was only up the road, but you'd think it was to Mars for the drama I made it out to be!
      The extreme heat never really made it here to the coast - being on the very edge of a North-facing bit of the country has it plus-points. It still gets hot, but hardly ever stiflingly so.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?