Sunday 19 August 2018

"Damn it. You have ALL the Cormorants again."

It does appear that way, doesn't it, Ms Scarlet?

 Ms Scarlet appeared quite vexed after perusing Wednesday's Coastal Catch-Up post and the glut of cormorants contained within.
 So, to soothe her nerves, I have found something other than Cormorants to share from today's wander along the beach.
Ummm… So what are these two photos, then?
 Ah.  Yes.  Well, they were still hanging around, and Camera accidentally took photos of them. Or something...
 Anyway, for nerve-soothing, just scroll down.



"Bloody cormorants are a bloody nuisance!  How's anyone supposed to get to sleep with all their commotion."

* s n o r e *

"Must you walk over the crunchy gravel and keep me awake?!"

"Can't...  Keep...  Eyes...  Open..."

Awwwwww...

"Huh?  Whazzat?  Wha's going on?  I am keeping an eye on the little 'un, really."

 I saw 'mum' first, keeping an eye on those pesky cormorants.  Then, further along the beach, 'dad' was taking advantage of his wife's preoccupation by having forty winks.  And then, on my way back, I discovered the seal pup taking a kip just beyond the shoreline.  He or she must have dragged themselves out of the sea just after I first passed by.  
 What a little cutie, eh?


18 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous and enchanting little seal pup! What a splendid and wonderful capture! What are you going to call the little cutie seal? Flex? Royal? Navy?

    Even mom and dad look amazing. What great wildlife you have in your area! I hope the warning signs were posted and the authorities were on patrol to keep out any club wielding Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A name? Lazy Article springs to mind...

      We're quite fortunate around here in that there's not much in the way of man-made development beyond the centuries old towns, villages, and farms that are dotted around. We get plenty of tourists, but mainly in the summer, and only to a few seaside spots, so the wildlife is relatively free to lounge about to its hearts content! Suspicious looking Canadian tourists are constantly monitored, though.

      Delete
  2. Yes, please cast a spell to keep away any Canadians "oot clubbing!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already on it. And, surprisingly, our Very Mistress isn't the main culprit, as this "documentary" clearly shows.

      Delete
  3. Bless - it looks fairly serene, considering the invasion of the Device and the camera. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, the poor thing did look a little startled when it realised I was approaching. Although, I managed to get quite close before it did notice me (I had to as there wasn't much beach in which to pass by).

      Delete
  4. What quite beautiful pictures as always. The seals are cracking me up, or is it your commentary? Just how close can you get to those seals? Would they ever let you get close enough to pet them? Or would they bite? They look as if they would enjoy a nice behind the ear rub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been within touching distance of the adults - in fact, one of them came within touching distance of me while I was swimming and gave me a nudge!
      I thought about getting closer to the pup, but didn't want to frighten it back into the sea, so I stayed about five metres away.

      Delete
  5. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    No. I really am too jealous for words. I WANT A SEAL PUP!!!!!!!
    *wanders off sobbing with skirt tucked in knickers*
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Next time I see it, I'll scoop it up and post it to you. You can keep it in your bath!

      Delete
  6. Oh what a darling. Actually I quite like seagulls myself. We're invaded by them but it means it's like waking up at the seaside every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if you look up out of your windows, you only see the gulls and the sky so it must be quite "coastal". At least you don't get the stench of rotting seaweed!

      Delete
  7. What lives in the sea should stay in the sea, there - I saied it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting the impression you may have had an off-putting seaside encounter, Mago?

      Delete
  8. The Cadillac logo hasn't been the same since they did away with the cormorants. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder where those six little cormorants flew off to?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?