Tuesday, 8 June 2010
No. Not the one with Bo Derek and Dudley Moore. This is a meme of 10 questions from xl. You can see his questions and answers here.
1. Coke or Pepsi? Definitely Coke. Pepsi tastes like brown water.
2. Do you play a musical instrument? Yes, actually, I do. Two, in fact. The piano and the flute. Although I haven't played either in a few years.
3. If you could go back in time, would you make a different decision in your life? But I can go back in time. And forwards. But I'm very careful to leave things as I found them. After all, I have seen 12 Monkeys, The Butterfly Effect and that Simpson's Treehouse of Horror episode where Homer's hand get's caught in the toaster, so I know the kind of things that can go wrong if one meddles around with the fabric of time and space.
4. Which sport do you consider to be "football?" The one where grown men roll around on the pitch crying because someone may have inadvertantly tripped them up.
5. Do you like to travel? Yes. But only in the solitude of Car or a private jet. I haven't actually been in a private jet yet - I don't need to because I've got Broom - but I imagine it's a lot more pleasant than mingling with the scum waiting to board a packed 737 to Alicante.
6. Do you like Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain? Piña Coladas are OK, but I much prefer being out in the rain. But only if I'm on my way back from somewhere, not going to.
7. Surely you like cats, right? Well, they're OK in a selfish, claw-your-eyes-out sort of way.
8. Beatles or Stones? Beetles. They're a staple of so many recipes. Stones are only good for throwing at people in glass houses. Oh, for Christ's sake! I'll answer it: Stones. The Beatles are far too overhyped for a really-not-very-good band who were only bigger than Jesus because they subsisted on more than bread, fish and wine. Plus, there were four of them.
9. Which foreign languages can you speak (regardless of fluency)? I have a smattering of French and German at my disposal. Oh, and only a pinch of Vulcan. Well, Kling akhlami buhfik.
10. What special meal would you prepare for me? Oh, I'm really not very good at meals. I can do puddings and cakes, though!
Now. Should anyone like to have a go at this, here are the 10 questions I'd like you to answer:
1. What's your earliest memory?
2. What was the last thing you ate?
3. Would you support a comeback by Steps?
4. What is your dream car?
5. How tall are you?
6. Margaret Thatcher vs Queen Elizabeth II: Who would win and why/how?
7. Mama Cass died choking on a sandwich. What sandwich filling would you happily choke on?
8. Has a pick-up line ever worked for you? If so, what was it? If not, what was the worst reaction?
9. You find yourself inexplicably cloned, barely wearing something sexy, and gagging for it. You would, wouldn't you?! Just out of curiosity, or maybe for some other reason?
10. How did you find this blog? Go on, indulge me!
There. Just let me know once you've posted.