Sunday 7 January 2024

Yes, You Did Win Yet!

 Well, with nearly three of you esteemed Blogorati taking part, I declare the "Did I Win Yet?" Grand Quiz of 2024 an unmitigated success!
"Success"?  Is that the word we're going with?
Yes.  It is.  And just leave it at that so we can get on with this, hmm?
Fine.
 Before we get to the winner, here's a reminder of the questions, with the answers (almost all of which were from 2023's end-of-year round-up The Year of Looking Glam Even Without Nail Varnish) provided by The Host:
 

1. In which month did LẌ visit The Very Mistress from beyond the grave?  And for a bonus point, which two posts was he first at?
The answer is February.  And if you'd clicked the link to The Very Mistress's Infomaniac blog, you will have seen that the two posts were "Keep Your Pants On" (22 March 2010) & "Filthy Friday - Holiday Photos" (18 March 2010) and would have gained a bonus point.
 
2
. We all know that Dinah looks glam even without nail varnish, but what couldn't she do without in order to look like movie star, Joanna Cassidy?
This one may have flummoxed those of you who have not seen 1982's Blade Runner.  Joanna Cassidy's character, replicant Zhora, is an erotic dancer and performs with a snake.  And so, in April's photo of Dinah wearing nail varnish, it's the carpet snake that she needed.
 
3
. How many freckles are there on-  No, just kidding!  How many men did Mistress Maddie-  Ha!  Kidding again. 
 Really this time: How many ducks - rubber or otherwise - feature in The Year of Looking Glam...?
The answer to question three is also three!  There are two ducks in March's The Andorian With The Rubber Ducky Room Tattoo (one rubber, the other a tattoo), and one in November's Infomaniac Garden Photos Event collage (a very real mallard).
 
4
. Who has a sideboard even more beautiful than mine?  (Bah!)
Why, Peenee, of course!  As can be seen in his Garden Photos Event post, Shiny Peenee.  This was a bit of a trick question as it related to an actual physical sideboard rather than the column of goodies that many of us sport on our blogs.

5. In which comic strip does Suzie Derkins feature?
None other than Calvin and Hobbes, as mentioned in April after Mago's quote.
 
6. On what page can the instructions be found?
If you'd managed to scroll your way through to August, the answer to this question can be found at the top of Ms Scarlet's Sideboard-squashing "Please Make It Wear Big Pants..." image: Page 11[WARNING: Image too big to be displayed here]
 
7
. What did Jon go all the way to Sitges for?  And for a bonus point, what do you think [the answer] was describing/measuring?
To score some totty for Dinah, naturally!  As there's no correct answer for the bonus point question, I'll let you go and have a look at the photo (displayed in May) and come up with something.

8
. What is Full Moon Fan Dance Rutherford's cybernetic implant set to?
SEXY MODE!  Rrraaawwwwwrrr!  Could it be anything else?  (See February's Rutherford action figures for more)
 
9. Which super powers did Ms Scarlet gain at the expense of no longer having birthdays?
You would have to have read Nick's quote in March to get these: "x-ray vision and telepathy".

 The first runner up, who answered question 4 with "NO ONE has a more beautiful sideboard than you, Mister Devine!" is that shameless flatterer, Melanie!  Thank you, Melanie, and very well done!

 And the winner of this year's "Did I Win Yet?" Grand Quiz (who seems to have taken over dear LẌ's mantle for such utterances) and answered question 4 correctly with "ME", is:
 

 Congratulations, Peenee!  You DID win!!! 
 You get to display this LẌ quote - exquisitely calligraphed by Ms Scarlet - on your Sideboard and, if you so desire, host a "Did I Win Yet?" Award/Quiz/Competition/Event/Festival thingy of your own at some point.

✯ ✯ ✯
 
  Vaguely related to the "Did I Win Yet?" Grand Quiz - because one featured in that post - here are the rest of the sunrise photos I took on New Year's Day. 
 Oh, and the Moon was there too...










21 comments:

  1. Oops - sorry I never enetered the "quiz" (although looking at the answers I probably wouldn't have won), but the dog ate my homework/I was abducted by aliens with an anal probe/I was still hungover [delete as appropriate]. Congratulations, Peenee! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... From the time taken to not enter the quiz, methinks you might have been enjoying yourself on that flying saucer too much!

      Delete
    2. "Even in a time of intergalactic crisis, people still want to roll them bones." Jx

      Delete
  2. It was a crazy week. It's very rare that I don't enter.

    Ahem...A contest that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's what everyone thought you meant, Mistress Maddie.

      Delete
  3. Hooray Mister Peenee! And more lovely coastal pics to boot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Year's Day - well, certainly the morning of - turned out rather nicely here, fortunately for photo-taking witches...

      (Better than last year, anyway)

      Delete
  4. My dear, I had no idea. Little me? I am humbled and honored (not honoured), and I would like to thank the Academy first. . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, little you! Your time has arrived at last, Peenee. Bask in your glory and the adulation of the massing crowds. Bask!

      Delete
  5. Everyone wants to know what (or who) Peenee will be wearing when he accepts his award?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Peenee! I saw the questions, could only answer 3 immediately, and figured I should maintain my losing streak by not entering, sweetpea! I think we need a "I lost, right?" badge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very gracious of you, Savvy. I'msure we can conjure up an "I lost, right?" badge at some point.

      P.S. I hope you're feeling better.

      Delete
  7. I got Ms Scarlett's charming badge, but now I can't get Blogger to let me put it up on my blog. I don't understand, I used to be an absolute master of blogger's gizmos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you've been redecorating, Peenee - Splendid!

      I've had a quick look at my technical stuff, and I think if you go to Layout and click on "Add a Gadget" in the sidebar (I think they mean sideboard), you can select "Image" and then upload your badge there. I think.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your suggestion; I tried that and the gadget will not save any images. That's why I changed the format, I hoped it would help, but it didn't.

      Delete
    3. That's odd - could it be our old bête noire "cross-site tracking protection", I wonder? Jx

      Delete
    4. Late to the party, as usual! Sorry, but I have visitors, from across the waters and there has been much chattering. (And some imbibing!)
      But what a good round-up of guesses. Thanks once again to you for hosting this annual nonsense. Maybe next time I'll be off the blocks a bit quicker. Then again...next year I'll probably have further to run, although I'll have a 12 hour start...hmm, much to do, to do.
      But thanks!

      Delete
    5. You have visitors, Dinah? But you've only recently been a visitor yourself! What a social whirl your life is. No time for quizzes - especially not whil under the influence!

      Delete
  8. Apologies - this quiz happened so fast, and I meant to enter and then it was over in the blink of one of my eyes.
    I keep meaning to redo The Infomaniac Bitch banner - I've been meaning to for at least 8 years. Maybe this year?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is no place for lallygaggers! But I'm glad to see you venturing out, Ms Scarlet. I suspect you would have trounced the opposition had you entered.

      Could 2024 be The Year of the Infomaniac Bitch?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?