Monday 1 January 2024

"Did I Win Yet?" Grand Quiz 2024

 Happy New Year to you all!  We hope you had a splendid night whatever you did - whether you went out celebrating, stayed in and slept through it, or had your head down revising for this "Did I Win Yet?" Award/Quiz/Competition/Event/Festival thingy!
 I was at my sister's - Indescribable's - with a couple of friends drinking gin & cherry vodka and playing some convoluted card game.  However, I didn't drink so much that I wasn't able to drag myself out of bed and pop down to the prom this morning to make sure the New Year arrived on time.  It did, as you can see in the photo below.  I've got some more photos (of course) which I will share in a few days time as this post is all about the "Did I Win Yet?" Grand Quiz in honour of our dear, departed friend, LẌ.
 

 
 The "Did I Win Yet?" Award/Quiz/Competition/Event/Festival thingy can take any form, but I have chosen to do a quiz again because it's quick & easy (easy to put together, that is - although you might find the actual quiz is easy, too), and I left it too late (as per) to come up with something else.  (Ms Scarlet's The 'Did I Win Yet?' Competition/Award back in January 2021 had a quiz bit and a creative bit, for example). 
 
 As with my original 2020 quiz, almost* ALL ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND IN THE YEAR OF LOOKING GLAM EVEN WITHOUT NAIL VARNISH POST WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK ON ANY OF ITS LINKS OR WADE THROUGH THE ENTIRETY OF MY POSTS FROM 2023, but you may need to embiggen one or two images.
 
* One answer can be found in a November post, and one bonus point answer requires clicking a link in The Year of Looking Glam... to find.  The other bonus point has no "right" answer - the point will go to the most amusing/creative/smutty response.


  There is no prize as such, but the winner will have the honour of hosting the next "Did I Win Yet?" thingy whenever they see fit.  Oh, and Ms Scarlet did create this elegantly calligraphed quote by LẌ which the winner will have the exclusive right to display on their blog sideboard.

 Right, I can tell you're all eager to flex your mental muscles and get on with the quiz, so here it is:
 
1. In which month did LX visit The Very Mistress from beyond the grave?  And for a bonus point, which two posts was he first at?
 
2. We all know that Dinah looks glam even without nail varnish, but what couldn't she do without in order to look like movie star, Joanna Cassidy?
 
3. How many freckles are there on-  No, just kidding!  How many men did Mistress Maddie-  Ha!  Kidding again. 
 Really this time: How many ducks - rubber or otherwise - feature in The Year of Looking Glam...?
 
4. Who has a sideboard even more beautiful than mine?  (Bah!)

5. In which comic strip does Suzie Derkins feature?
 
6. On what page can the instructions be found?
 
7. What did Jon go all the way to Sitges for?  And for a bonus point, what do you think [the answer] was describing/measuring?

8. What is Full Moon Fan Dance Rutherford's cybernetic implant set to?
 
9. Which super powers did Ms Scarlet gain at the expense of no longer having birthdays?


 Please email your answers to me by Saturday 6th January, either to this blog's gmail address which can be found in my profile on the Sideboard, or to the Host's personal hotmail account.  You can also leave your answers in the comments if you like, but then everyone will be able to see what they are...

 Good luck, and Happy New Year!

12 comments:

  1. Well, I'll start the New Year by answering #4 right off the bat which is that NO ONE has a more beautiful sideboard than you, Mister Devine! Seriously! I'd say Jon and Mister Maddie are in tight competition for second best sideboards.

    I like and learn from every Blogerati peep here and wish everyone of you good and fair 2024. I also offer a tight virtual hug to those of you as worried about it as I am.

    LX ...Off topic sorry, https://youtu.be/JcKqhDFhNHI?si=1fvMGC_yTYqjjJV2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Melanie! You're such a flatterer. However, #4 was a bit of a trick question, and its answer is the one that can be found in a November post. Peenee (below) is on to it.

      P.S. Those fancy shoes had better be REALLY fancy in order to outrun arrows!

      Delete
    2. I'd never heard medieval Anglo-Saxon spoken until YouTube gifted me with that gem! It's fascinating! I like it!

      When I hear Gaelic, my mind really wants to believe it can understand, but I can't. It's such a weird feeling, like a mental tussle between logic and I don't know what. I studied Japanese for eight years, when I hear Korean being spoken, my brain has the same mental hiccup.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No, Very Mistress, Norma did not win yet. Maybe if she'd mopped up and Febrezed after she came but before she tiptoed out...

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! The dead has arisen...so I need a moment. What is this? A lightening round on a game show? But if there is one thing I know, it's that I'm quick and easy.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'M laughing so hard I have to keep wiping my glasses. I went back through some of those older posts and thought again that the best bit about blogging is the exchange of comments. Well, between this crazy crew, anyway.
    I admit, I'm pretty slack these days, but I will try to get a post up. Soon. Maybe
    But for the moment, thanks to all you loony nutters for keeping the blogging ship afloat.
    Stick around and I may have some hex-citing gnus for ewes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Wand wielding ungulates abound! Run away! Run away!!

      P.S. Yes, I quite agree about the comments. Without everyone's thoughtful, clever, witty, bizarre, supportive, informative, and funny comments where would we be?

      Delete
  5. I don't know why you feel like you need to ask me all these impertinent questions. Can't you just declare me the winner? (The answer to nbr, 4 is ME.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I only asked the questions to make everyone else think that they're included. I'll pop up a new post declaring your indisputable win shortly, peenee.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?