Saturday 4 November 2023

GPE 2023 : Shiny Peenee

Welcome to the first stop on 2023's Infomaniac Garden Photos Event tour:
 
the Green Accented Apartment of
 
M R   P E E N E E
 
As with previous GPEs, I'll be taking a back seat and letting the gardener talk us through the subjects of their garden photos.  As long as they provided enough - or any - captions, that is.  Which Peenee did fortunately, so I'll pass you over to him: 

 
 After years of having a large, meandering garden, I moved into an apartment with absolutely no exterior space. I resisted potted plants inside because it just seemed sad after all that time fighting the good garden fight. But lately, I decided to take advantage of the big windows here and have taken on a few inside plants.
 
I've always liked asparagus ferns and this one has returned my feelings by thriving.
Go girl.
 

On the left there we have, apparently, a turtle shell orchid.  I say apparently because I didn't buy it, I rescued it from the garbage downstairs.  It has tripled in size since I brought it home.
On the right is an epiphyllum, Queen of the Night.  It just recently shut up that exuberant leaf like some teenage boy's erection.
 
 
And a split leaf philodendron. I recently repotted it and I'm hoping that its more spacious home will allow it to sprawl a little more.
 
☙❧

 Peenee might not have any private outside space anymore, but his apartment building does have this tranquil-looking shared space (as originally seen on his blog, here):

"This is the courtyard of our building, lush and quiet and green.
 The trees are birches and the small shrubs are foxtail fern."
 
☙❧
 
 Before we go, I just want to draw attention to Peenee's beautiful, shiny sideboard (and adornments).  I cropped most of it out of the first two photos in order to focus on the plants, but it would have been a crime not to show the whole thing (or at least as much as Peenee managed to get in the frame), so here you are: 
 
 
 Thank you Mr Peenee for sharing your splendid houseplants, and for letting us snoop about on your stunning sideboard!
 
 Next up on The Infomaniac Garden Photos Event we have Great Outdoor efforts of Melanie Reynolds, so come back in two or three days for a tour.

33 comments:

  1. Did he win yet?

    I've been remiss in checking your blog for updates. Must go catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I have to remind you of all people that the Garden Photos Event is NOT a competition! I see that you've received your comeuppance in the form of Dinah's "triffid"...

      Delete
  2. He's so lucky , I can't even keep indoor plants barely. Orchids always fascinating me but I have yet ever keep one alive. And I agree that is one handsome sideboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peenee's plants should count themselves lucky that he has such green fingers! Although, he'll have to give them a scrub before touching that fab sideboard.

      Delete
  3. Lovely houseplants - and a particularly splendid sideboard on which to display them! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those shiny, reflective surfaces makes it seem like Peenee has twice as many plants!

      Delete
  4. Excellent potted plants! And congratulations on a thriving asparagus fern! I've never been able to coax one to live. Of course mine didn't have a sideboard like that to live on either. So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're on to something, Ms Nations. I've never managed to keep one alive either. Mirrored furniture seems to be the way to go!

      Delete
  5. And no throbbing cock as a finale; I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I checked Peenee's email three times wondering where the final photo was. Perhaps it's in the sideboard?

      Delete
  6. Wow what a fab opener for 2023's Infomaniac Garden Photos Event.
    I can't imagine how bereft Mr. Peenee must have been leaving his garden behind but am pleased that he has started a new indoor garden.
    We have never been able to grow Asparagus Fern, his looks lovely.
    Rescuing plants is a wonderful thing so well done Mr P and epiphyllum, Queen of the Night has the most amazing flower. It only flowers in the night and is dead by morning but is worth staying up till the small hour to see it and smell it.
    So pleased that he has an outside space to sit in. it looks very peaceful.
    Thanks for letting me look around your indoor garden Mr P.
    I am not a nosey person but I did notice an unusual and interesting silver rotating bonbon dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Mr Peenee will have any trouble staying up to smell his Queen of the Night what with being a Rock & Roll Vampire (or just a Queen of the Night).

      Ah, I wondered what that rotate-y thing is. A bonbon dish - thank you, Madam A! (I'm particularly captivated by those blue frosted glass beads)

      Delete
    2. A condom dish, perhaps? Or poppers?

      Delete
    3. So what goes in the third receptacle? Anal beads, perhaps? Wait, that isn't what Peenee's got in there now, is it?!?

      Delete
  7. Mr Peenee is so stylish - a houseplant would be stupid not to flourish in his presence. I would love a tour of his whole apartment.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peenee's houseplants have a lot to live up to!
      I second the tour - especially as the previous photos of Peenee's apartment are no more thanks to prudish Wordpress.

      Delete
    2. Yes, a Peenee apartment tour would be fab.

      Delete
  8. Thank you all so very much. Did I win yet? Thanks also for complimenting the sideboard, I'll be sure to pass along your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I remind you - again - that the Garden Photos Event is NOT a competition! (Although, I'm almost positive you'd win a Most Splendid Sideboard award.)

      Thanks again for taking part, Peenee!

      Delete
  9. Good on him for having good luck with indoor plants. I'm much better with the outdoor plants and I already miss my garden terribly. Being at the shore point now what's the sale of my house I'm going to have to see what kind of species will do well here next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lady Goldberg-DeWoofs, maybe next year you will have something for the GPE?!

      P.S. Good luck with your move!

      Delete
  10. I'm a bit late. Being on holiday does that.
    But, yes, if it were a competition, you might be in with a good chance. Who thought an asparagus fern might be set off so stylishly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :: wonders if Peenee's shiny sideboard could cope with an invasion from the likes of Dinah, Ms Scarlet, and/or Mels ::

      Delete
  11. Lovley plants Mr Peenee! I also really like the shared courtyard space, it's lovely! If I should ever find myself in an apartment again I would hope to have something as nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely, isn't it. The light through the leaves gives it a glade-like glow!

      Delete
  12. I want to leave fingerprints all over that sideboard !
    These plants look so civilised, astounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, compared to your unruly- Actually, I'll stop there as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

      :: hovers with polish and a duster ::

      Delete
  13. I envy those of you who can have indoor plants that last more than two months! Asparagus Ferns are always lovely and add so much to an indoor space. And your outdoor area is incredible. I would love to sit and read there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Peenee's Asparagus Fern has encouraged me to try again with one. Hopefully I'll manage to keep it alive this time (it's been years and years since I last killed one).

      Delete
  14. I don't know why I expected something elongated and bulbous that hangs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you're hankering after something, Maddie? Although I can't quite put my finger on what...

      Delete
  15. Sod the plants, I want to go rooting in MrPeenee's drawers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you looking for that certain item too, Mitzi? (see my reply to Norma further up)

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?