Friday 19 January 2024

"I'm never gonna let you see that part again"*

 Just popping in to drop off these few bits & bobs - Hopefully you'll find something you like amongst them.
 And think yourself lucky as this was almost a Star Trek fan art post!

ReReading
Record of a Spaceborn Few, by Becky Chambers ~ This must be the third of fourth re-read of this lovely story from the Wayfarer's series.
 
 
Watched
What We Do In The Shadows (S4) ~ The BBC has finally picked up season four, so of course I watched what my favourite vampire housemates had been getting up to as quickly as I could.  Now I can't wait for season 5!
 
Rewatched 
Ghosts (Series 1-2 so far) ~ Because of course I'm re-watching it.  Again.
The Sound of Music ~ The Winterval holiday season just isn't complete without either Mary Poppins or The Sound of Music.
9 to 5 ~ I didn't remember the corpse stealing, but then it has been an absolute age since I last watched this fabulous film starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton.
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 ~ More Winterval telly favourites.
Here's the Howard Huntsberry version from the clip above before we segue into the original.

 
 
Heard
The original Jackie Wilson version of "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" (which is also heard in Ghostbusters II) that was playing at the pool while I had my morning swim on Tuesday.

The marvellous, wonderful, and really rather sexy Bright Light Bright Light's brand new release "You Want My..."
It sounds a little earlyish Pet Shop Boys to me, which is no bad thing. 
 
* Post title from this song
 
Inspired by either Mr Tonking or Mistress Maddie (although I'm pretty sure it was at Mr Tonking's that The Blue Nile was mentioned.  Maybe?), I thought we'd finish with Annie Lennox's sublime cover of "Downtown Lights":


12 comments:

  1. The Sound of Music, 9 to 5 and Ghostbusters! Exactly the sort of thing in which to indulge when one's had a surfeit of sherry and liqueur chocolates...

    I absolutely love that new Bright Light Bright Light choon! Very PSB/Erasure-ish, indeed. I've added it to the list for my next "Pick of the Pops" post, of course. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gasp! You've reminded me that I didn't have any liqueur chocolates during the holidays! I must get some forthwith.
      I'm already looking forward to finding a new earworm courtesy of your next "Pick of the Pops" post.

      Delete
  2. I am with you all the way with your 'bits & bobs' except the "morning swim on Tuesday", where are you, the Bahamas !
    Absolutely love "You Want My..." and yes he is rather sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bahamas would be lovely, but the pool in Sheringham has to suffice.

      Delete
  3. For some reason, I cant work the sound and I've got ALL of the clips playing, but someone needs to tell Scarlet's favourite squeeze that he should be shakin' that towel loose and movin' to the beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fab idea, Dinah! Make it so, Mr Devine.
      Sx

      Delete
    2. With Mr Turner "movin' to the beat" who needs sound, Dinah?

      Delete
    3. I don't think Aidan's sound is working either, Ms Scarlet, as I turned it up but he's still not shaking that towel loose. Sorry :(

      Delete
  4. Morning swim???! I imagined you battling the crashing waves, but then the penny dropped - a swimming pool. Were there other people in it? Are you mad?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People use the swimming pool as a toilet, you know.

      Delete
    2. A sea swim at this time of year?!? Christ, no. It's cold enough in the summer.
      As for the pool/toilet, yes there were people, but not very many, and I try not to think about what they might be releasing into the water (it's bad enough seeing the odd plaster on the bottom or finding a hair wrapping itself around around one's finger/goggles/wrist-mounted locker key).

      Delete
  5. I have tried Ghostbusters 2 several times and just can't for some reason, despite loving the original. All except the ghost Train scene obvs, that's glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?