Sunday 24 January 2021

Sunday Sunshine

 Having found myself awake just before dawn, I thought I may as well go out and see the sunrise as the sky was relatively clear.  In the fifteen minutes it took me to get dressed and make my way to the cliff top, the inevitable clouds had arrived and made things a little more interesting.

It was (and still is) very cold and frosty, so I had to be careful getting down the slope to the promenade. Once down there, I could only get about halfway along before great sheets of extremely slippery ice across the prom (from all the water draining out of the cliffs) halted my progress.  Fortunately, there was a small amount of beach, so I descended the steps to the sand and made my way east.

#2

#3

#4

#5
 
#6
 
#7
 
#8
 
#9
 
#10
 
#11

~o~

 In other news, yesterday I watched the highly anticipated Star Trek: Lower Decks (as "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed" about in The Year of Ferrero Rochering Dangerously - if you click the link, scroll about two thirds of the way down to just under Mistress Maddie's Upcoming Cakefart)! 

 I was not disappointed. 

 Although, there could have been a lot more Rutherford (and Tendi).  He's so adorable...

9 comments:

  1. You were intrepid to go out at dawn with all that ice about. You could crack a hip, dear... Jx

    PS we have snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheek!

      I was a tad concerned, though. I took a couple of steps onto it (in my gripless fake-o Converse, no less), skidded around like Bambi, then decided to turn back rather than land on my arse and slide under railings to plummet three metres on so onto the concrete revetment before rolling onto the beach smashed to smithereens!)

      Delete
    2. Which would have made for some more dramatic photographs, methinks! Jx

      Delete
  2. These pictures are a gift! It helps to take the edge off of my supreme disappointment that having just reached Asgard in Assassins Creed: Valhalla they made Loki ugly and boring! Odin is a whiner too! At least Freya is hot. That's about it. This whole part of the game was unnecessary. I am enjoying running around in virtual old England and Norway though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hello, Melanie - and Welcome! I'm glad Camera and the North Norfolk coast managed to help with your AC: V disappointment.

      I've never played AC but that's not going to stop me from thinking about Chris Hemsworth Thor now...

      Delete
  3. I'm happy that dawn is getting earlier and earlier these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, but pic #6 is gorgeous!! I was up before the crowds this morning - Dunlop wellies have quite a firm grip on ice.... until the dog starts pulling. And I played the ice cracking game on the big puddles :-)
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't include #6 as it looks so unreal/fake! It's the way the sun is lighting up the mist rolling down the cliffs that's the main culprit, I think?

      I hope you cracked the ice with your wellies and not your knees/elbow/bum/head?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?