Thursday 19 December 2019

A Dislocated Groyne and Other Issues

 Before we get to the dislocated groyne, I feel I must explain my protracted absence: I have been revelling in how my 'Ms Scarlet Approach to Blogging' has freed up loads of time for other things.  However, it has backfired somewhat in that I've had so much spare time that I haven't known what to do with it all.  Consequently, the "I'll just watch one episode of Steven Universe before I Get On With Things" turned into a massive binge-watch then, before I knew it, it's suddenly tea time and nothing's been done!  Every day!!
 So now I'm in a bit of a flap about:
  • Jack Frost Winterval jumper - Why haven't I made it yet?!?
  • Christmas cards - as in: I haven't bought/made any, never mind sent the non-existent things
  • My next blog post* (now that it's so close to the end of the year, this could be the Coven Awards or the Panto?) and catching up with you, the marvellous Blogorati.
  • The Blogorati Christmas Panto.  I haven't seen hide-nor-hair of a script; the minuscule budget has been used to stock up on chocolate & sour cherry crumble mince pies (by Heston [Blumenthal, not Charlton], fom Waitrose); and the casting couch is covered in a thick layer of dust, so clearly hasn't been used (which is probably a good thing, actually...).
  • The Coven Awards.  Eeeeek!
  • The export from Norfolk of sea trash to Devon - Should it be the filling of a corrugated cardboard sandwich (with bubblewrap spread)?
  • Sundogs.
  • Witchface.  The silly old witch has buggered off and left me to sort all this stuff out on my own!

* False alarm.  My next post turned out to be this one.


~o~

 Anyway, back to the dislocated groyne (which may or may not be responsible for the lack of pre-Christmas shags. Sorry, Jon) in these photos from 7th December:

First, a look beyond the End-of-the-Line.
Hiding near the foot of the cliffs and in the glare of the sun, is the dislocated groyne


The End-of-the-Line as seen from Sidestrand

Exhibit A: The Dislocated Groyne...
The sea has moved it quite a distance since it was first smashed to smithereens back in June.  Its initial location next to the End-of-the-Line can be seen in the 5th, 8th & 10th photos of this E-o-t-L Update post, and the 3rd & 4th of this post (sticking up out of the sea)

... complete with Rusty Old Knobs

Back at the End-of-the-Line where the Dislocated Groyne once was

End-of-the-Line beauty shot

End-of-the-Line from another Dislocated Groyne on the Overstrand side

Overstrand Beach

A somewhat half-hearted stone spiral to finish off.
It was too cold to hang around creating something more sophisticated

~o~

 In other news, someone left one of those Make Your Own Lobster partworks just laying around on the beach last week.  I couldn't find the accompanying magazine with the instructions on how to put it together, though...







 I couldn't find issues #6 and #7, so it probably would have looked something like this chimeric monstrosity if I had attempted to put it together.

~o~

 Right.  Better visit your blogs then try and get on with the Panto and/or Coven Awards while not watching Steven Universe...


21 comments:

  1. Nasty that. I'm sure a hot physio could help with it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm sure he'd get very hot (and sweaty) manhandling that massive groyne!

      Delete
  2. Those rusty knobs look like an abstract sculpture of a couple having a moment of enjoyment. I am just saying before anyone else does.
    Oh my goodness! I shall look forward to some trash from Norfolk, our trash will probably collide somewhere in North London.
    When I am not blogging I also do nothing much in particular, so you are obviously taking the Scarlet approach seriously.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So they do! Before you just said before anyone else did, I thought perhaps they were dancing, but now that you did just say before anyone else did, I think they may be involved in something very much more intimate...

      "The Ms Scarlet Approach" is the most seriously I've taken anything in a long while! Although, I must not get too carried away with it otherwise I'll never be rid of "the world's most beautiful trash".

      Delete
    2. "Our trash will probably collide somewhere in North London" - oh, puh-lease! We have enough chicken-box-and-kebab-detritus to deal with without some assorted zombie crustacean parts turning up outside Wood Green Primark, thank you very much. Jx

      Delete
    3. Really? Assorted zombie crustacean parts won't make Wood Green Primark look better...?

      Delete
    4. They'll be on special offer next to the cheap handbags before you know it. Jx

      Delete
    5. Oh, forget that, then. Instead, I'll fashion them into a suit of organic armour for when I have to fight through the January Sales crowds.

      Delete
    6. "Hands off that cheap telly or I'll whack you with my lobster claw!" - exactly the sort of thing I would expect in Norfolk. Jx

      Delete
    7. We have flippers, too. They're just the job for a slap around the chops!

      Delete
  3. You need to get your groyne properly sorted out by someone who knows how to handle his wood... before it's too late and it all gets eroded and drops off, my dear! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And too think I thought maybe you'd pulled your groyne what with those long legs!!!! It's almost the end of another year...and I have yet to receive a kiss from you under any mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pulled my groyne? Well, no one else is going to do it!

      I shall look out for some mistletoe, but I fear global warming has driven it from around these parts...

      Delete
  5. Heston Blumenthal he's the one who mucks around with food, n'est-ce pas?

    I do my Christmas grocery shopping at Waitrose, I find the higher prices keeps the riff-raff out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitzi, I think you might might have made a typo there...

      Delete
    2. It's around this time of the year my thoughts turn to Fanny and her mincemeat omelette

      Mucking horrible!

      Delete
    3. "Mincemeat omelette" sounds like a truly ghastly euphemism. AndI'm sure one wouldn't find one on Waitrose's shelves.

      Delete
  6. Erm...I thought I was the groyne afficionado? Why are you apologising to Jon?

    I also liked the Rusty Knobs that Scarlet mentioned. It's a cracking shot!

    This blogging lark is a bit difficult when so many other things are tugging at us, isn't it? I'll see if I can dip my nib...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the apology was more to do with the lack of a shag, but you're also the shag connoisseur...

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?