Saturday 25 May 2019

Out on a School Night


 The other day, Dinahmow had sent me a photograph of the beach between Overstrand and Cromer, taken in the evening of 11th May, with a solitary someone on the sands.  She asked if it was me, but it was not, I replied, as I'm more of a morning beach walker than an evening one.*
 It did, however, prompt me to drag myselves down there on Thursday evening, from whence the following photos came from.


  I did not, however, have the beach to myself.  Rather inconsiderately, a large group of youths (with a handful of supervising adults) were congregated at the foot of the cliffs getting up to who knows what, and making a din about it.  I tried not to get any of them in shot, but if you squint at the bottom left of the photo below, one can just about make out the fuzzy, indistinct silhouette of a youth clambering over the curved revetment.  Ruining the photograph.  Ruining everything!!!






I got wet taking this one!

All over.



* I think this was the last time I was down on the beach in the evening. Although, this time afforded better skies.

8 comments:

  1. You may not know the saying in Bearwood:Red sky at night, there's a car burning in the woods?
    Now that sunset is gorgeous. Pity about the youths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, that particular saying had passed me by. Perhaps I've led too sheltered a life here on the edge of nowhere? Although, if I do see a redder sky this evening, I'll know those youths are to blame!

      Delete
  2. Of course I was never young and I never made a din anywhere.
    And, I agree, that sunset is gorgeous!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I expect you weren't a revetment clamberer either, Ms Scarlet?

      Delete
  3. I was more prone to falling off things.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was well worth your breaking with tradition.
    The rain seems to have stopped so perhaps I'll have a bright sunrise...in about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get your bright sunrise? I hope so, as all we've had since is rain - it has been a Bank Holiday weekend after all!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?