For those of you who have not yet had time - and/or maybe not the inclination, either - to wade through the end-of-year Coven Awards (Ancient Groyne edition), may we present a reminder of the penultimate "The Did I Win Yet?" Award Which Is Masquerading As A Quiz!
This award was proposed and sponsored by Dinahmow [and heartily seconded by Ms Scarlet and thirded by The Very Mistress] in honour of our friend of the ïmpössïblë ümläüt, LẌ. However, due to Ms Scarlet's overexcitement for what was then a non-existent quiz, I reimagined the "Did I Win Yet?" Award into a quiz in order to kill two birds with one stone. This Grand Quiz has taken the form of questions related to the aforementioned LẌ and the content of this end-of-year Ancient Groyne Extravaganza, so I hope you've been paying attention.
Before you begin, please note: Aside from the LẌ questions (1 to 3, & 13), and number 5's bonus question, ALL REMAINING ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND IN THE YEAR OF THE ANCIENT GROYNE COVEN AWARDS POST WITHOUT HAVING TO CLICK ON ANY OF ITS LINKS* OR WADE THROUGH THE ENTIRETY OF MY POSTS FROM 2019.
- We all know that LẌ was Chief Pillow Fluffer for The Very Mistress over at Infomaniac, but what other official service did he provide?
- What is the title of LẌ's unofficial and unauthorised biography which featured in this very blog earlier in the year?
- Who got LẌ to ask all those awkward questions (and did all his ageing for him since taking on his birthdays)?
- Which comic strip couple were the inspiration (and basis) for my Not The Art of Star Trek entry, Disco 78?
- Which two Blogorati appeared first in our adventure over the Cusp this year? And for a bonus point, what method of transport did they transmogrify the TARDIS-a-like HVMS Infomaniac into?
- Which member of the Blogorati introduced me/us to 2Cellos?
- Who was Aljaž Skorjanec's dance partner on this year's Strictly Come Dancing, and which side of him should she be on?
- Where did "Canable Man" feature? (And how should it be spelled?)
- Which month featured a "load of seamen" clogging up the rigging?
- What does The Very Mistress claim is NOT a competition?
- What's my favourite cake?
- How many acres of block paving make up Mogs Mill?
- Before the wind changed enabling LẌ to use a hot air balloon, what had he asked Ms Scarlet, Beast, Mago, and The Very Mistress to steal for him to fly home on?
You can leave your answers to the thirteen questions in the comments, or email them to me if you don't want anyone to peek - my blog email address is in my profile (but if you're one of the few who have my personal email, then please use that). You have until Wednesday 8th January to submit your answers (although, if anyone needs a little more time, just let me know).
By the way, I've already had more than one(!) set of answers - one of which scoring over eight points!
The winner shall have the honour and responsibility of hosting the next Did I Win Yet? Quiz/Award as and when they see fit. It doesn't have to be tacked onto a massive post like I did with the Coven Awards, or even held at the end of the year. In fact, I'm not quite sure if it even has to include questions about LẌ (I think it just needs to be a quiz/award in his honour)? I'll let the very gracious Lady Dinah - for it was she wot came up with the idea - have at it with the rules/suggestions/guidance in the comments (if she can be arsed, that is)...
* You may have to click on a few of the pictures to embiggen them, though.
Right. That's that out of the way. Let's look at some New Year photos. The first two are from New Year's Day, and the remaining four are from Friday 3rd January.
|New Year, new landslide (on the right). June 2019's End-of-the-Line squasher has mostly been cleared away by the sea now (here's what it used to look like)|
|Nowhere near as clean and picturesque as Mago's New Year effort. (I've cleaned Camera's lens since)|
|The cold North Sea on Friday|
|Nestling in the trees below the Moon is my home village|