Saturday 8 April 2023

The Infomaniac Garden Photos Event 2023 Primer

The House of
I N F O M A N I A C
Garden Photos Event 2023
 
 
 Hello, and welcome to this, the primer for this year's Infomaniac Garden Photos Event! 

 As all the regulars and old hats will already know, the GPE was brought into being by the Infomaniac herself, The Very Mistress, for all of us Blogorati to show off our green (and sometimes brown) fingered/thumbed skills, whether it's one or two photos showcasing a prized specimen, or a whole slew of snaps covering EVERYTHING that you've nurtured and prodded into growth throughout the year.  
My latest purchase: Chocolate vine (Akebia quinata)
 And this year is no different.  As with recent GPEs, this year's will be held in November, so you have months and months and months to capture images of your luxurient growth (if you haven't already started), whether it be in your garden, courtyard, balcony, windowbox, terrarium, or dining table vase.  If there's not much of note going on in your garden right now, and you are prone to forgetfulness - I'm not going to pick out Savvy this year as she defied expectations and got in reasonably early last year - I shall be issuing reminders throughout the yea-
Nagging and haranguing, more like.
Quiet you!
 Yes, quiet you.  Bloody SubCs...  Anyway, where was I?  Oh, yes: The reminders will just be gentle prompts to enable you to get your arses in gear and get snapping so that you have something to email to me before the end of October so that I can-
 Well, me, really.  Witchface leaves all the technical stuff to me, mostly.
 Yes, well, the HTML demons are needlessly vexing.  I don't know how you have the patience to deal with them?
 Plenty of practice dealing with you!
 Hey!  Rude.  I've forgotten what I was going to say now.
 Just move on to this year's sub-theme - I don't think anyone was paying attention to what you were blathering on about anyway.
 Hmmmph!  Fine.  Yes.  Sub-theme.  Right.  Inspired by some of last year's GPE photos (and some common-or-garden non-GPE posts), this year's sub-theme is: 
 
Flora and Fauna
 
 If you can, please include one or two (or more, if you're so inclined) photos of wildlife visiting your garden or other overgrown area.  Birds, bees, butterflies, bears.  Yes, bears.  Melanie's garden attracts bears, because of course it does.  
I imagine Mistress Maddie attracts bears, otters and probably pythons to her lady garden, too...
No doubt.
Anyway, here are some examples:

 
Melanie's hummingbird (and swallowtail butterfly - lucky cow!):
 

Oh, hang on... 
 

This kind of thing won't be tolerated, however:
A petrified bunny amongst dog violets
 
 
He might be wild, but he's not wildlife: Bertie Bitey about to ruin something in the garden as per.

☙❧

 To get you in the mood, here's a post-Bitey shot from my garden, and a couple from the allotment - all taken on Sunday.

My shade garden behind the garage

Greengage blossom on the allotment

A lovely clump of hyacinths (which need splitting up a bit) also up the allotment

☙❧

 Oh, almost forgot: Terrifying Triffidery is still a thing, so please also remember to take some photos of your monstrous growths to be featured in a Hallowe'en post. 
 
 The Infomaniac Garden Photos Event is open to everyone, so you don't have to be a regular here to take part.  Irregulars, lurkers, newbies, visitors from other blogs, and any Infomaniac Old Guard Bitches - all are welcome!  I'll provide further instructions and deadlines nearer the time, but for now, just get snapping!

23 comments:

  1. Ah HAH! I see what you did there! Like all other pet people, you just want to show off your sweet little Bitey-boy. Fine. My Sporran will see your Bitey and up you a shredded door mat.
    (I've already started a file for the Extravaganza)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinah...that thing looks menacing!!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Maddie, if you mean the goanna...it's not a pet!

      Delete
    3. Ah, although Bitey has had a go at the door mat, he hasn't made much of an impact on it yet (unlike Moom who managed to rip one in half!).

      Delete
  2. Can't promise any beasties - although we do get loads of bees and hoverflies and the occasional more interesting invertebrate visitor, they're notoriously difficult to photograph, and I am certainly not going to submit photos of the bastard squirrels, foxes nor shitting stray cats - but as always, we're building up our collection of garden photos as we speak, sweetie... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear...I'll take my squirrels and foxes over those Newts any day!!!!

      Delete
    2. Bees and hoverflies (and anything of that ilk) will do just fine, Jon. But, the flora and foliage are the stars as always.

      Delete
  3. It seems just like this year's just wrapped up?

    Now if there is say, a cock in my garden does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It doesn't seem that long ago, Maddie, but it's been nearly five months. Where does time go?!?

      I'm sure you can show us an impressive cock or two in your garden!

      Delete
  4. So far, I have one crocus in my garden, and a pile of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm guessing your camera's not coming out for another couple of months then, Very Mistress?

      Delete
  5. Hahaha. If you weren't British you'd be put on your ass for calling me a cow. I'm currently Zen though thanks to the best thing to ever come out of Manchester, the Chemical Brothers (aka Dust Brothers). The bears like the huckleberries and blueberries so we'll see if I can catch one posing with one of them. It's just that Daisy the dog gets so bent out of shape when other large critters peruse her territory. I have to see them before she does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lucky cow, Melanie. It's practically a compliment! But, still, I'm glad my Britishness means I get to stay on my feet because I don't have a donkey ;)

      P.S. Good luck with the Daisy wrangling!

      Delete
  6. I may be down but I'm NOT OUT. Well I'm out, but...you know, anyway. I have a hyooje file of garden photos from the last year the Rancho put on a display, and I'm going to submit a few of them, dammit. Yes I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. November? Sweet Mary Sunshine, that's just around the corner, right? Wait, what month is this? *sigh* xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even cleaned my balcony, forget anything plant related ... I very much like them tits who now & then sit on my balcony rail. Maybe I can photograph one, yeah that's something I'll try.
    But basically we all have no chance against FNs toilet planter, don't we ?!

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?