Sunday 26 March 2023

The Sky and the Moon

 Just a reminder for The Nature-led Life's March photo submission request: The Sky and the Moon - as hosted by the delightful Melanie.

 I've emailed my photos in, but narrowing down the many, MANY photos I have of the sky and the Moon was rather harrowing, so I thought I'd create a post out of some of those that I didn't submit.


25 January 2018 : Pre-dawn
[Featured in No Moon At All]


25 August 2019 : South-East Skies


4 September 2020 : Sunset clouds from my home office window
[A different photo of the same cloud formation featured in Shrieking Pit Saturday]


31 March 2021 : Sunrise off the coast at Overstrand


9 July 2022 : Moon
[Featured in Sea Cows at Sunset]


24 March 2023 : Moon and Venus


 And to finish off with, a bit of music from my favourite beardy, glum, miseryguts and his band, White Lies: "Tokyo" (picked because of the skies that the video starts with)

8 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that first picture! Blue is my favorite color followed by purple. I love the whole spectrum of blues, it's why my alter ego is Proxima Blue and also a nod to Proxima Centauri, so close a star and yet often overlooked. I'm so glad you chose to post additional sky and moon pictures here and Thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, nice song too. I vaguely remember it, but its been years. By the way, Season 2 of Invisible City is due to be on Netflix soon. We're currently watch The Mandalorian and Skull & Bones Season 2 (based off a YA novel, good but not great. The premise is interesting, and the special effects are really good. There is a sacred Stag in Season one that is sublime.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics! And thank you for the reminder, Mr Devine!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm over the moon with these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos as I have come to expect from you Mr De.
    I particularly liked ' Gulls & Groynes' and pre-dawn' beautiful.
    But you would be hard pushed to to a starry night sky like that in North London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am unlikely to see the sky any time soon. Since discovering kerbstone carving my eyes are firmly down.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?