Friday 10 September 2021

Infomaniac Garden Photos Event 2021: Reminder #2

This is not the

The House of
I N F O M A N I A C
Garden Photos Event 2021

it is just a reminder, so don't panic!

 This year's Garden Photos Event will take place in November, and will be preceded by some of your Terrifying Triffidery at the end of October - Hallowe'en, to be precise - so you still have nearly a couple of months to go out into your grounds and get snapping.  Although, I hope that you have already been taking photos of your gorgeous greenery as the season has gone on.

 Just in case there is anyone new here, or anyone who is very forgetful or who may have had a bang on the head recently and lost their marbles/loosened a screw, or is just bewildered and confused-
I'm thinking Savvy.
Yes, me too!
 Now that you come to mention it...
 If I may continue?
 Well, go on then.  But get to the bloody point - you're worse than me!
 I was just about to if your shitting SubC hadn't interrupted.  Anyway... for anyone not in the know, the Garden Photos Event is an online horticultural extravaganza, conceived by (and for the first nine years, hosted by) the Infomaniac herself, The Very Mistress.  It is a place for you to show off part or all of your garden - or even just a single botanical specimen - to an appreciative Blogorati; to swap gardening tips/horror stories; or just take a virtual wander around someone else's garden, satiating your curiosity from the comfort of your own home.  There will be no judging or critiquing, and there certainly won't be a "winner" as the Garden Photos Event is not a contest!
 
The results of seeds from the Delargo Gardens
 
 All you have to do to take part is get your unruly bushes in order, trim those straggly overhangs, and mow that fuzzy patch, then set-to with your camera and send me your photograph/s - along with an enlightening blurb for each photo (or just one general, all encompassing description/story/rant) - by Thursday 28th October.  My blog email address is in my profile (just click the link on the right.  Or, for those of you who have my personal email, use that instead).   A Garden Photos Event history can be found here, along with links to previous Events leading up to 2020.  2020's gardens follow on from the link - just click on "Newer Post" at the bottom, or click here for a handy programme of events (and my garden).
 
 
 Oh, and if you have any Mystery Plant/s that you can't identify (or you can, but you just want to see if anyone else is able to) send in photos of them too, and we can all have a go at identifying them for you.  And by "we all" I mean mostly The Official Plant Spotter of the Device Mansion and its Extensive Witchdom, nay, All of Blogland Itself: Jon
 
☙❧
 
 Oh, bravo on the copy/paste from the previous reminder!
 Well, it's perfectly serviceable, and I can use the time I've saved trying to come up with a new way of saying all that to sort out some photos to illustrate this post with.  Which - as you can see - I've done!
 The photos are a bit "Delargo Gardens" aren't they?
 Oh.  I suppose.  Well, I'm not changing them now.
Did they explain the Terrifying Triffidery bit?
No, I don't think so.  Too busy squabbling.
I guess it's up to us, then?
Looks that way.  Here we go then: Terrifying Triffidery is a place for photos of monstrous plants or otherwise ordinary plants that have been photographed from odd angles/close up/while drunk which make them look otherworldly.  So, get inventive/in their personal space/drinking and pap those plants!
Well done!
Thank you.

23 comments:

  1. Bravo, indeed! I presume your previous notion of a "deadly poisonous plants" showcase is not one of the "rounds" in the Infomaniac Garden Photos Event, then? jx

    PS I sincerely hope you do a post with all the names of your burgeoning Fuschsia collection at some stage. There's a couple there that look like they should be on our wish-list for next Spring's visit to the nursery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I decided against a specific "Poisonous Plants Post" but any that do turn up may be showcased in their grower's post or in "Terrifying Triffidery". If you have already amassed a collection, I am more than happy to show them off in their own post, though.

      I shall have to do some research into the Fuchsias. I know the first one on the left is "Blackie" and the one next to it I may have a label for somewhere. But as for the rest, I'm not sure...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's... lovely. Did you use it as a garnish while "manuring your garden"?

      Delete
    2. Thank fuck your reply is merely about garnish. I was expecting a story about the woman in Overstrand who ate a cockroach and got pregnant with roach babies and went on Jeremy Kyle for a paternity test.

      Delete
    3. Ugh and ew gross! Thanks for the nightmares HH! That's quite possibly worse than that traumatic scene from Naked Lunch. I screamed at Kiki not to go look at the damn birds. ;-/

      Delete
    4. ANYTHING by William Burroughs is bound to be psychotic and traumatic. Naked Lunch is based upon his own real-life "accidental" drug-driven killing of his wife. Enough to put me off... Jx

      Delete
    5. I love that book.
      I also can't wait to see y'all react at my gardening picture!

      Delete
    6. Let's listen to some Steely Dan then ...

      Delete
  3. I have pictures!!!! *Does happy dance* I even have a couple of pictures that I haven't yet shown on my blog.
    I am pleased to have something more to look forward to during the Autumn/Winter season.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures, plural? Splendid! I'm looking forward to constructing a GPE post exclusively for your greenery.
      Savvy and 'Petra had better pull their fingers out!

      Delete
  4. The Mistress is embarrassed by this year's scruffy garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. At mine that is, not yours. Unless you were talking about mine?
      Although, I'm sure a few close-ups with some judicious cropping will make it look like everything's coming up roses. Or sunflowers.

      Delete
  5. I have a few of the prairie, a few of my sad attempts at gardening and a few cribbed from the gardens of others... I know plagiarism is frowned upon, but - if I give proper credit, I hope it is allowed. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your prairie *and* your gardening efforts (I'm sure they're not as bad as you think).
      Of course a bit of plagiarism is allowed. And I'm sure you won't be the only one who includes photos from grounds other than your own...

      Delete
  6. Yesterday, The Man and I went to the Orchid Show. I hoped to get some photos that could "bump up" my own ghastly sward.Far too many people inserting smelly selves in my viewfinder...
    I shall grovel in the undergrowth and find some pretty things. My Vanda should open today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urg. People!

      * keeps fingers crossed that "Vanda" isn't a hideous euphemism *

      Delete
  7. I've got at least five good pictures I'm excited to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Five photos means a post of your own - you won't be sharing the spotlight!

      Delete
  8. There is something green in my kitchen, and it's not mold - is that enough to qualify ?
    Why do I ask ? It's your civilisating influence IDV ... I'll snap a picture on some weekend whan allowed to hit thre sauce ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall allow it Mago. I shall allow it (whatever it is).

      "whan allowed to hit thre sauce ..." - Are you sure you haven't already hit the sauce?

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Oh dear, Mitzi. I hope you haven't been besieged with archeologist stalkers who sift through it in order to find out what you've been eating etc. in order to obtain the secret to your youthful appearance?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?