Thursday 16 September 2021

Sunny Side Up

 Brace yourselves!  Photo-heavy post coming up.

 Well, not so much coming up as already here.  Yes, Camera insisted on coming with me every morning that I ventured out to stretch my legs and get some fresh air before work (and even on Saturday when I thought it'd want a lie-in).  And as you may have already guessed by the mention of "morning" - and that not-quite-Drama-Queen-dawn on the right - these photos are almost exclusively of sunrises.

 But first, a little completely unrelated music to accompany your scrolling - brought about by the title of Mistress Maddie's recent post: "Midnight....."


 

Monday 6th

Sunrise at the slipway - Monday edition

Obscured Sun Above Submerged Groyne can be yours for millions upon millions of £££s

Drama Queen Moment #1

This is how it looked when I was on my way home

Tuesday, 7th

Sunrise at the slipway - Tuesday edition

Sun Above Submerged Groyne #2

Along the Strands

Wednesday 8th

Sunrise at the slipway - Wednesday edition

Drama Queen Moment #2

Sun Not Quite Above Submerged Groyne #1

Friday 10th

(Obscured) Sunrise at the slipway - Friday edition

Horizon

Saturday 11th

It appears I neglected to take a photo from the slipway on Saturday...

Still, the sun managed to come up anyway

Monday 13th

Sunrise at the slipway - Monday edition #2

Drama Queen Moment #3

I couldn't decide whether to include this photo...

... or this one.  So you've got both.

Tuesday 14th

(Obscured) Sunrise at the slipway - Tuesday edition

"Ug.  Is it that time already?"

"Okay, okay...  I'm getting up.  I'm getting up!"

"Oof!  Made it!"

"And now I'm going to burn you puny sailors alive!  Mwah hah hah haaaa!!!"

"But first, what do you think of my impression of Saturn?"

"Hey!  Come back!  If you didn't think that was dramatic enough, take a look at...

"... this!"  AKA Drama Queen Moment #4

And, finally, I found a few of these symbols scrawled around on Friday 3rd
does anyone recognise it?

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - love all the "Drama Queen Moments" in particular!

    I haven't seen a sunrise since the last time I was staggering home on a night bus in the wee small hours of the morning, or perhaps putting the last of the bin-bags out after a Eurovision party... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get up early so you don't have to, Jon. Just one of the many services I provide.

      Delete
    2. ...with your "sunny side up" at all times, of course. Jx

      Delete
  2. WOW....The sunrise photos!!!!!!!!!!!! Take my breath away. I gave up trying t ge sunset pictures...they never turn out nice.

    But much like dear Jon....I don't know what a sunrise is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon and Maddie may not recognize a sunrise but they know a groyne when they see one.

      Delete
    2. A submerged groyne is worth two in the hand, I say. Jx

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm sure I won't have to show Maddie and Jon how to straddle a moist groyne...

      Delete
  3. Drama Queen #3!!! Gorgeous.
    I've been enjoying the misty mornings in Devon - though it just looks cloudy this morning.
    Winter is coming.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooooooooooo!!!! We won't have a Winter this year. It'll be an Indian Summer until Spring. I have spoken.

      Delete
  4. Those symbols do look very magical. Are they new? Have you tried having a wank over them to see if Elvis appears?
    Or a groyne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I would, but I'd rather not conjure up Elvis as I don't fancy helping his 86 year old carcass up the steep cliff slope afterwards.
      Besides, he's probably happy where he is - Flipping burgers in that Des Moines Burger Lord...

      P.S. Yes, the symbols were quite new. Although they've been washed away now.

      Delete
  5. PS when it comes to garden pictures I think I should have a post to myself. Purely because nobody else would want to share. I'm considerate like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very thoughtful. Consider it done! Once everyone sees yours, they'll be thankful for your consideration, I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I couldn't pick a favourite sunrise!I'll take them all. Maybe next time you might get an impression of Jupiter's Hot Spot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Thursday's selection of sunrise photos (which I've just posted), the sun did have a Jupiter-like appearance as it rose, but sadly without the Hot Spot. I shall keep an eye out in future early morning jaunts, though.

      Delete
  7. I'm like you... up early. Typically before the sun... though I rarely watch it rise. You've quite the view to capture it's beauty and have done so here. Bravo. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now the year is drawing to its end, is is getting easier to get up before the sun rises. And soon I'll be photographing stars from the promenade!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?