Sunday 27 September 2020

Infomaniac Garden Photos Event - Reminder #3

The House of
I N F O M A N I A C
10th Anniversary Garden Photos Event
 
will take place here on this very blog commencing on 31st October.
 
::
 
 You may recall that The Very Mistress has handed off the hosting duties for this auspicious botanical occasion?  This year, the various consciousnesses - including the SubConsciousnesses (for some reason...) - of yours truly, Inexplicable Device, will be your host/s.  RememberRememberREMEMBER?!?
 
 
 If you haven't already done so, I'd like you to get your unruly bushes in order, trim those straggly overhangs, and mow that fuzzy patch.  Then, set-to with your camera and send me your photograph/s - along with an enlightening blurb - by Wednesday 28th October.  My blog email address is in my profile (just click the link on the right.  Or, for those few of you who have my personal email, use that instead).
 
 The Infomaniac Garden Photos Event will kick off on 31st October with some of your Terrifying Triffidery* (as long as enough Triffids can be rounded up without too many fatalities, that is), then a couple of days later the main exhibits - i.e. your gardens/window boxes/pot plants/contents of your salad drawers - will be on display for all to enjoy.
 
 
* The Terrifying Triffidery Exhibit will be a place to show off your horticultural horrors or otherwise ordinary plants that have been photographed from odd angles/close up/while drunk which make them look out of this world. So, get inventive/within-2-metres/drinking and get that camera out!

14 comments:

  1. Yay! Oh my goodness, I shall send you wonderful pictures of great greenery!
    I will see what I can do.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am teetering on the edge of my chair in anticipation, Ms Scarlet.
      Teetering, I tell you!

      Delete
  2. At the moment, the garden is battling hurricane-force winds! However, I am sure we can come up with maybe (ahem) one or two photographs this year..? Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking about wind damage - just as well you're a few miles up the coast from Walcott, eh? Jx

      Delete
    2. Ooh, yes, poor Walcott. At least my garden is just windswept, rather than a giant sandpit/cat litter tray.

      You have just reminded me to clear my in-box to make way for the "one or two" photos you may send...

      Delete
    3. Is there a limit? Oh dear. Jx

      PS Which variety is Fuchsia #2? I love it - for, despite currently having 31 different varieties (including "Rivendell", which is, I believe, in pic #1), we still want more...

      Delete
    4. Ah, #2 is "Blacky". It's not doing as well as it could be, though - it's rather swamped by two spider plants and most of it seems to have blown away... I'm going to see if there's enough left to take cuttings.
      I thought #1 was "Walz Jubelteen" (I know you have one of those as I've seen it at The Madam's), but it could be "Rivendell" as I have one of those, too (I can't remember which one I photographed, though).

      Delete
    5. "Walz Jubelteen" is rose pink - and HUGE - but that colour would indicate "Rivendell".

      I'll add "Blacky" to our "wish-list"... Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And about time, too. I think I've put it off for long enough?!

      Delete
  4. I'm having a new lanai laid next month, I'll send you some before and after pictures and during too, if the men laying it are worth looking at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There had better be at least one example of magnetic masculinity. And, perhaps, a nubile yoof to do the fetching and carrying.
      Now where did I put that warm weather spell?

      Delete
  5. Okeydokey! (Do you know, I've never written that word. Not even sure that's how people spell it.)
    I have one or two garden pictures on my muddled-up blog today, but will send you some via email.
    Meanwhile, I'm just going drool over that gorgeous fuchsia.Insanely jealous, I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been extremely remiss lately of getting to other blogs - something I am remedying now - but I'm looking forward to seeing what drops into my in-box.

      "Okeydokey" looks OK to me :)

      P.S. The fuschsias don't look like that anymore. After two days of 70 mph winds at the weekend, there's barely a flower head left in the garden!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?