Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunday Swim: Plane Sailing


 This morning was warm enough, and the tide was about right early enough, for a swim in my (June) 2020 Swim Spot (see map in previous post).  The photo above is how it looked when I got there.
s'all right, I s'pose...
 After my swim, and on my way back home, I saw this little sailing boat (you can't really make it out on the first photo below, but there is a cormorant [unless it's a crow?], and some wally on a paddleboard).



 These next photos are from yesterday's early evening walk.  I'd gone out to clear my head, but was unsuccessful as there were far too many people (just look at them all in the penultimate photo), and a pesky powered paraglider who "buzzed" me a couple of times.  If it weren't for the witnesses I'd've snapped him/her out of the sky!
 A brightly coloured plane was practising aerobatics as I was walking up the prom slipway, but I didn't manage to get a good shot of it. 






Sheringham Shoal windfarm on the horizon past Cromer (to the west)

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant photography as ever - it all looks idyllic, especially compared to the rotten weather we had here in London all week (it's a lot better today, thank heavens). Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were fortunate weatherwise last weekend - it turned out nicer than the BBC predicted. But, that often seems to be the case (except for when it's worse than predicted, of course).

      Delete
  2. My God, your beach is rammed. Apalling.
    I think I will plaster your pictures all over Cornwall to inform people where they can find an empty beach, where it is warmer - AND, has Cormorants!!
    Kidding. As if I'd do such a mean thing.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to take a photo of the main beach on a sunny weekend so you can see just how many grockles we get, but that would mean actually being there with them!

      * shudders in disgust *

      Although, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as Cornwall, or the south coast (probably because the beach here is not easy to get to, and there are no amenities/facilities - plus, I think the North Wind sees off a lot of folk).

      Delete
  3. Gordon Bennett!That's a worse crowd than our beach!And this in the middle of a pandemic. Tsk!

    Harrumphing done, I must say it really looks very soothing in the first photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have no common sense, do they. Or a sense of personal space. I mean, there was someone on the beach just beyond that first groyne in the first photo - their hideously inappropriate proximity was making my skin crawl!

      Delete
  4. I hope you wore a face mask with your budgie smugglers ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hazmat suit over my Victorian bathing costume!

      Delete
  5. Hey there, stranger, long time no blog (at least for me)! I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara! Hello! Lovely to "see" you after all these years. Yes, all is well here, thanks. I'll pop over to your place in a mo.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?