Sunday 22 April 2018

Return to Shark Mountain: The Molehill


A Peacock butterfly basking in the sun
 Last time on Inexplicable DeVice, the sun had come out and, despite the interference of Sisters and UFOs, we managed to get to the cliffs to view a calm sea twinkling in the morning sunshine.  Well, this post is a continuation of that one: Even Aliens Need Holidays.  
 After I'd got rid of Inexcuseable (no, I didn't push her down the cliff), I returned to the cliff and made my way down onto the beach.  Typically, the weather had changed a little: while the sun was still evident, it was a little hazy:

The view towards Sidestrand has lost its sparkle

And looking back towards Overstrand isn't any better

Oh, well.  We'll carry on anyway


The fishing boat YH3 battening down the hatches after someone accidentally put the Tippi Hedren Imperative into effect!

"Yaaaargh!  They're in my hair!  They're in my hair!!!"

"It's no use.  We're too slow."

"Wheeeeeee!  I'm not, though!"

Doesn't this look calm and peaceful?

Well, the seagulls have got to rest after exerting themselves ruining hairdos and sinking boats

Oh, dear.  Shark Mountain has fallen victim to the tides

Still, at least Overstrand's version of the Vasquez Rocks are still in one piece

Although, probably not for long as, for them, it will soon be...

... the End-of-the-Line!

::

 Next time on Inexplicable DeVice:  Either those night sky photos I threatened you with in the last post, or photos of today's twinkling sea which include the return of a favourite guest!


 17:40 P.S. It is now thundering and pissing it down - our first Summer Storm!  In April! 17:40

16 comments:

  1. Incredible scenery! This year I hope we can go out to L.A. and spent time with the Krewe at the beach. But, for now, I'll enjoy your photos and smile! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go too, Savvy. The real thing is much better than any photos. Especially with family!

      Unless they're noisy and annoying like mine...

      Delete
  2. sigh..........Alas, how I wait for the days to return beachside. The butterfly picture is stunning. It's way to early yet for your butterflies to be out yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't be long now, Maddie. At least, I hope it won't be as I love seeing your photos of the beach and its scantily clad denizens!

      Oh, I think that butterfly has gone back into hibernation, as it is back to the typical cold and wet clime here!

      Delete
  3. That is a gorgeous butterfly! So colorful and resplendent! The water views are splendid. I am surprised and amazed that Shark Mountain is gone all ready! You're witnessing geological changes much faster than I expected. Are you sure those aliens from earlier didn't take Shark Mountain as a souvenir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed Shark Mountain lasted as long as it did! We've had some very rough seas and strong tides that ought to have marmalised the mountain long before now.

      Delete
  4. I don't mind what you post - I love it all. Oh, wait! I get a bit confused with the Trekky things, but seaside and gardens are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dinahmow! And fear not: my next post will be of the seaside again. No Trek until next week (and that's only if I get off my arse and come up with something for this month's art challenge. By Monday!).

      Delete
  5. I read the headline as "Snark Mountain", and was expecting a lengthy bitch-fest! However, sunshine, butterflies and Tippi Hedren moments will do nicely... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spending some time with my sisters this weekend, so a bitchfest could erupt!

      Delete
  6. Ooh Return from Witch Mountain featuring my favourite witch of all time! Hope you've kept your best kecks on for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see Bette Davis down there. Or were you talking about Christopher Lee, as he's always making a nuisance of himself on the beach.

      Delete
    2. He is naughty isn't he. I hope he doesn't harass Bela Lugosi too much. Actually it was Bette I was thinking of, I pictured her doing a Baby Jane on the beach.

      Delete
    3. Oog. I shall have to be careful when building sandcastles with the nieces - we don't want to dig up Joan Crawford's corpse!

      Delete
  7. Where are MY cormorants??? Why have they been replaced with gulls??? Please don't tell me you've sent the cormorants to look at the stars?
    Meanwhile....damn it, Majorie, I've forgotten what I was going to write so this is the end of the line.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not, Ms Scarlet. Your cormorants - well, one of them, anyway - will be back in the next post!

      As for Marjorie, she was last seen trying to scale Shark Mountain, and look what happened to that!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?