Sunday 29 April 2018

Odds and Sods


We've not got much of note to say, but we do have an assortment of "stuff" from the past week to do something with.
  A slightly blurry Moon from the 26th (on the right, there), some early morning horizonal silhouetting from the 25th, a couple of Goldfinches from yesterday, and some music from earlier in April.

  So.  Here are those early morning photos - what I call "Post-Industrial Minimalist Silhouettes at Dawn":






  And now, those Goldfinches.  Not the best photo, but it was raining (surprise) so Camera kept trying to focus on the raindrops on the window, rather than on the bloody birds!




::

  Let's finish off with some music shall we?  Relatively current stuff, too.


  I popped into H&M to get a couple of long-sleeved T-shirts the other day* and was serenaded by Janice singing "You Only Say You Love Me In The Dark":




  I get most of my current music from whatever's playing in H&M on the odd occasions that I venture in there (it's a bit too youthful for me these days...).

  "Make Me Feel" by Janelle Monáe was not from H&M.  I either got it from Jon or Mistress Maddie, or from someone at work.  I can't remember which, now.




  And, that's about it. 

  For now, anyway...




* I've just checked my receipts and discovered that "the other day" was the 11th April.  Blimey!  Where does time go?!



12 comments:

  1. Do they make tops with sleeves that are long enough for you? Or do you have to go 3/4 length?! I have the opposite problem... I pretend that my sleeves are doubling up as fingerless mittens.
    Interesting tune... reminds me of something.
    Sx

    P.S Love that orange sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, yes, the H&M sleeves are quite adequate. Trouser leg length, on the other hand...
      Which reminds me: as I was walking back to Car after work yesterday, there was a young man in front of me wearing what could charitably be called "leggings", but were, in fact, denim tights. I wonder if he managed to get home before the lack of blood supply to his legs made them drop off?

      Delete
  2. It's Sunday, so Odds and Sods seem absolutely appropriate! I love your photos! Wow, re: Janice! I've not heard of her, so thanks for sharing. (Like you, but a much, MUCH older version, H&M is not exactly meant for my demographic.) Janelle and her story was a segment this morning on the CBS Sunday Morning program. I've know her music and her acting career for a while, but even before Hidden Figures, her music had sort of gone back-burner for me. Thanks for the clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was in Hidden Figures? That was such an eye-opening film - I'm going to have to give it another watch.

      Delete
  3. The fotos are delightful. Sunrises are always so mesmerizing! The birds are spectacular. And the moon always looks exotic and magical.

    I've only been to H&M once, in Greece. No local shop in my area. And it made think that I was in the Gap or Old Navy, except someone painted the white walls black.

    Sorry, Janice, but if every time we go out and you start jumping on tables and destroying property, I'm going to be like Peter denying knowing Jesus and lie to people, telling them that I don't know you! Who is that crazy woman?

    And I'll make a quick exit and obtain a restraining order against you. I've dated your insane kind before and at this point, I'm like Mary J Blige, no more drama in my life.

    Janelle Monaé just made me feel old. Not because of her style and music, they are rather a nice throwback to the eighties. But I don't think curse words belong in Pop music. Rap? Yes. Hard Rock and Metal? Definitely. But I don't like hearing curse words in Pop music. There could be children listening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that Janice is a bit of a hooligan, isn't she.
      And, as for Janelle: I can just about overlook the swearing because this song reminds me so much of Prince's work. But it would be better without it.

      Delete
  4. Our gold finches look much different then yours. Ours here are completely yellow.

    I noticed you love rubbing in the beach pictures.....curses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our "gold" birds (we have a goldcrest, too) are quite lacking, but the yellowhammers, on the other hand...

      Delete
  5. I thought (almost) what Scarlet said. Showing my years with this darling chap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6QknAOsVo
    And I think Camera did rather well with the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous that you can wear H and M clothes - they're all wrong for me and obviously they only want people who look like you to shop in there. This policy may be because I once assisted a friend to get her holiday wardrobe in there. She also wasn't built for their clothes, but how we laughed at how they made her look. Actually I don't think H and M ever wanted me to shop there at all.
    Perhaps if I go again I could take someone who only says 'I love you in the dark', which would obviously ease the purchasing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised H&M don't have bouncers on the door: "Too old", "Too fat", "Too desperate" etc. I wish they would, actually, as a few times I've bought something only to look like mutton when I wear it!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?