Saturday 19 October 2024

"Just spun in a web made of moonlight"



  Another clear sky yesterday which means more photos!  And a timely release from Sophie Ellis-Bextor with "Freedom of the Night" as an accompaniment.  Yes, I know: I spoil you.

First glimpse of the Moon emerging from the hazy clouds over the North Sea horizon
 
Oh, no!  Will the Moon rise quickly enough not to be clonked by that freighter?
 
Rise!  Rise, godsdammit!!
 
Phew!  Made it.
 
Taking a break from photographing the Moon, I turned west towards Cromer...
 
... and its famous pier.
 
It looks quite pretty, I suppose.
 
Back to the Moon: nothing much going on here.
 
Ooh! Someone turned off the twilight.  Time to go home.

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! Piers are quite pretty things. Unless they're in Scooby-Doo.

    All that and Dame Sophie of the Ellis-Bextors, too! She's apparently singing this on Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow. Not that I ever watch such rubbish! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Strictly in a couple of years - ever since Aljaž left - but I might watch Dame Soph's bit tonight!

      Delete
    2. You could always book yourself a weekend in Alton Towers Hotel next Spring and "get up close and personal" with him... Jx

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?