Monday 21 October 2024

Incoming! GPE at Two O'Clock!

Or is it ten past twelve?
Who knows?  I think Witchface must've been having a moment when this title came to mind.
 Oh, all right.  Forget the time/direction, then.

the House of
I N F O M A N I A C
Garden Photos Event
 
is almost upon us!
 When you say "almost", what exactly do yo-
 Christ!  Shut up!  I'm doing this and I don't need any of your 'help'.
 Well, I just don't want anyone to start panicking because of a misunderstood deadline.
 They should be panicking.  There're less than two weeks to go!
It sounds like you're the one who's panicking...

A few deep breaths later...

 Right.  As I was saying: it'll soon be Garden Photos Event time so I hope you've all been taking photos of how your expansive grounds | bijou courtyard | overgrown wilderness | rampant houseplants | tasteful city garden | impenetrable jungle | potted paradise | graveyard that you frequent [delete as applicable] has grown over the year, as I'll want your carefully curated selections - along with terse or verbose captions - in my in-box by Monday 28th October, please.* 
 And remember also to include a photo or two of a particularly spooky plant in your collection - or, failing that, a rather more mundane plant which has been snapped at an odd angle/close-up/while drunk - for the GPE preview Terrifying Triffidery on the 31st.
 This blog's gmail address for sending your photos & captions into is in my profile on top of the Sideboard over there.  Or, if you have the Host's personal hotmail address, you can use that instead.
 

☙❧
 

 For anyone new to this/with only a few houseplants/concerned about your gardening abilities (etc.) who may be wondering if you can take part: Yes, you can! 
 As you can see by looking back through previous Garden Photos Events (see my handy GPE Page) pretty much anything goes - and the more the merrier!  You don't have to provide dozens of photos - one or two will be fine - and there'll be no judging or negative critique.  After all, in the exasperated tone of the GPE originator herself, The Very Mistress
 
May I remind you that the Garden Photos Event is NOT a competition!

 If you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas about the GPE, please sound off in the comments.
  

☙❧


* But, because I am a soft touch, as long as some of you send in your photos by then, the rest of you lallygaggers can have a bit longer.  But not much longer, mind!  I have things to do, and I don't want to be curating photos all the way through November.
(I'll leave it up to you to decide who's going to be in my good books by getting their photos in on time, and who will earn under-my-breath mutterings and a spectacular eye roll come 29th October.  Or later.  Almost certainly later.)
 


See you and your triffids (good or evil) next week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, what with so much going on, I best get my email started. Or just let go of the houseboys long enough...whichever happens first.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?