Saturday 27 May 2023

Lost in the Sunshine

Thank you for sharing your latest tune, Sophie.
And how apt is its title for this sunny Bank Holiday weekend?!
 

 We thought we'd get in quick before the flurry of blog activity that is bound to occur on Sunday.  After Mago's startling Sunday Music on a Saturday he returned to the normal Sunday showing last week, so I expect more of the same tomorrow.  Ms Scarlet has all but promised to publish something tomorrow too (it was too misty to do so on Wednesday, apparently).  And what if Mr Peenee and Dinah make another appearance?? 
 And then, of course, there are the blogging stalwarts who show up every day come rain or shine (except when they're on holiday - remember to fill in the Holiday Rota!): Jon, Mistress Maddie, and Mr Tonking.

 Anyway, in the absence of anything more interesting, may I present the photos of Bertie Bitey on the beach (which I didn't get around to last week), my Little Red Bush, and something from this morning.
 
20th May
 
It Came From the Sea!

Oh.  It's only Bitey

Another cliff fall - but a bit bigger this time.

"It wasn't me!"

Not Beaky on the End-of-the-Line

Escaping the hoards (there are at least three behind that furthest groyne) up the secret steps


25th May

My Little Red Bush (which is not a patch on Ms Scarlet's Big Pink Bush™ of course)

You again?!


Today, 27th May
 
From Madam's Lane (well, just over the hedge), down to the allotments, then up (eventually) to Cromer lighthouse


And here's a not-so-old favourite to round things off (thank you, Jon!): Holiday, by Confidence Man

9 comments:

  1. Love the Bitey-hogging-the-scenery photos, but my fave shot is of him in your "gin corner" - those hostas are monsters! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the nearest hosta took me by surprise. I removed a couple of big native ferns several months ago and the hosta took advantage of the extra space. It's swamping a beautiful red fern and a smaller variegated hosta (although, I have since removed three of the giant leaves to allow the plants underneath some sun).
      I split the other one behind the astilbe a month or so ago (the other half is now behind the stone bench), otherwise that would be bigger, too.

      Delete
  2. Good morning!!! A post. I was supposed to write a post???? I knew there was something I'd forgotten...
    Meanwhile, I am so jealous that you can let Bitey off the lead! I think I have said this before - Sid would just run and run and run - probably straight into the sea.
    A red bush - very impressive!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good afternoon! And, to be honest, I don't think you really did "all but promise"...

      I think Bertie is getting more adventurous. Sometimes I have to shout him twice before he comes tearing back. Although, if I manage to get out of his sight (i.e. round a corner, or behind a tree or something), it doesn't take long before he comes to find me (and I don't even need to shout).

      Delete
  3. Adore Sophie. She can do no wrong. NO WRONG! As for Bitey... what an adorable scamp - like their owner? Your garden is amazing. A perfect place for a spot of tea or a nice gin fizz? Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gin fizz, you say? Why, yes, I will have another, thank you!

      Unlike Bitey, I won't snarl and snap when someone tries to pick me up...

      Delete
    2. Well, depending on who it is...

      Delete
  4. Lovely pictures as always, IDV. One of my familiars is running around the Lakes District right now after a stop at Stonehenge. Sounds like all the nice places are pretty busy at the moment because it's Brit version of "Spring break" in the UK right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, the Spring Bank Holiday here is also the beginning of school half-term holidays. A time to avoid seaside towns and anywhere that may cater to children if one wants a bit of peace and quiet.
      I hope your familar had a lovely time here!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?