Sunday 13 October 2019

Galaxy

 You probably won't be surprised to learn that I ended up down on the beach again yesterday, mucking about with pebbles and the like.  On the right, there, is my latest creation, "Galaxy".
Poncey, eh?
 Quiet, you!
 Anyway, two days is all it took to scatter my previous spirals, so I put them back together in different configurations, then collected some orange/tan pebbles, and some worn amd broken roof tiles, and created Galaxy and a Tower of Tiles.

Scattered spirals


Tower of Tiles



Remade spirals


All together


I have no idea who P and M are, or if they're still in ♡
(the Tower of Tiles came tumbling down shortly after this photo was taken
due to a slight breeze)


What I thought to be the heart of a young princess (hair as black as ebony, skin as white as snow etc.) turned out to be some old sea sponge. How disappointing...


My ever-present art critic...


... balancing on the horizon


Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II, overseeing Prince George and his new bath toy



15 comments:

  1. The sea sponge is fascinating - I saw it as a skull! And who knows what tales of disaster underlie those roof tiles ending up in the sea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried not to hold them for too long as I couldn't turn my psychometry off. Plus, they made my fingers red...

      Delete
  2. Superglue, Sweetie, you need a tube of superglue.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Andy Goldsworthy use it? If so, I'm in!

      Delete
    2. Never mind him - think Lesley Judd! Jx

      Delete
    3. With reams and reams of sticky-back plastic!

      Delete
  3. I also thought the sponge was like a skull.
    I really love your ephemeral art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you (also) mention it, it does havea rather skull-like shape, doesn't it?

      And, thank you!

      Delete
  4. I'd like to have a webcam set up to record the reactions of folks who find your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to find one that I didn't make down there - as a reply, perhaps?

      Delete
  5. Keep it up, it could make the "and finally..." bit at the end of New At Ten. The sponge would look nice painted gold and made into a broach, a present for MJ perhaps, she'll be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a nice day tomorrow, so I'm bound to find myself down on the beach again. And if I find that sponge (or another one), I'll bring it back for some transformation work!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?