Sunday 21 May 2017

Breakfast Brings Lifeboats and Cormorants


  With nothing in the larder that I fancied for breakfast this morning, I toddled off into Cromer to see if I could find a nice Danish pastry or something. The unexpectedly pleasant weather meant that I stayed out far longer than I intended. I mean, what did I have to go back so quickly for? Yet more sorting/packing/cleaning and that Trek Art Challenge!

I was just in time to see Cromer inshore lifeboat launched for manoeuvres





The pier looked pretty clear of day-trippers, tourists and other weirdos, so I decided to get coffee & cake and break my fast on its end while gazing out to sea

Lovely view, eh?

The surf school was teaching kids paddle boarding (or somesuch)

Walking back along the beach, I spied someone I hadn't seen in a while...

Yes, our old friend the cormorant

Preening for a mate. Or maybe just a shag...?
  I realise that this is my fourth post in as many days, but don't go thinking it'll continue, because it won't. I've got nothing else prepared, and I'm not expecting to do anything even vaguely less boring than going to work over the coming week, so I doubt you'll see me again until Thursday. Or even the weekend.

10 comments:

  1. In many ways I think this may be the most Freudian ever of your posts. I mean, 'break my fast on its end'?
    - Runs away and hides under the bed in shame at how filthy his mind is -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come out from under the bed - No matter how I worded that sentence, it always came out a bit "Ooer, Missus!", so when in Rome...

      Delete
    2. And I'm sure 'nothing in the larder is a euphemism. Didn't you say it to that rent boy we dissed in Soho on that July evening in 1976?

      Delete
    3. Why, so I did. Although that one you found certainly didn't have a bare cupboard!

      And wasn't it '77?

      Delete
  2. You must be very close to walk to the beach....your so lucky. It would be nice to slip out at night and just dip your naked fanny in the sea.......I can't wait for my beach trips.....sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My "naked fanny"?!? Have you been gossiping with The Very Mistress MJ? Fanny indeed. I do not have a front bottom, despite what she may claim.

      (I love the different meanings that the same word can have in two (or more) English speaking nations!)

      Delete
  3. I think the birds are calling to Ms Scarlet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be one cormorant isn't enough? I'll see if I can round up a few more on my next trip to the beach.

      Delete
  4. There is also a plague of paddleboarders on the Colorado River in downtown Austin. Even worse, we have a plague of drunk idiot-powered bars blocking traffic downtown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear gods! Whose stupid idea was that?!? Actually, let me guess: Hipsters?

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?