Saturday 31 July 2010

Our dinosaur is a fraud.*


Book update. This last minute entry was read over the last three days between dullsville phone calls.

24. The Authoritative Calvin & Hobbes, A Calvin & Hobbes Treasury by Bill Watterson. Includes cartoons from Yukon Ho! and Weirdos From Another Planet!

* This quote comes from page 166, the penultimate panel of a strip in which Calvin & Hobbes unearth a "dinosaur skeleton", only for Calvin's mom to point out that they just dug up trash that somebody had littered.


I'll do a proper post soon. I promise.

5 comments:

  1. I've never been a fan of Calvin y Hobbes.

    Jersey is not part of the EU tax territory and I got a massive invoice not that long ago because of that. Then when you try to communicate with them via their website they don't read your messages and send automatic responses.

    With Tim around, why would anyone want to wear pants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Where did the pants comment come from?!

    Bitch, please; I'm doing 30 days of yoga and am posting every day. Can't you write something between phone calls?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Petra: Ah, I see your point. Points, I should say.

    Tim: There has to be a reason for wearing pants?

    Oh, OK. You'd better check out the comments from the last post.


    Oh, and another thing: Bitch?! That'd be all well and good if you'd let me near you. How can I be your bitch without physical contact?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, I'm up to speed now…

    I like my bitches distant. Like, fake city distant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is this fake city of which you speak? I'm sure I don't understand what you're going on about.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?