Oof! Here we are!
So, what have we been up to since last our paths crossed? Well, we'll show and tell you. Mostly show because The Host can't be bothered with a lot of typing...
The day after our previous post, it was The Mother's 80th birthday and a couple of days later (on the Bank Holiday Monday) we had an all-day boat trip on the Norfolk Broads to celebrate. We were all there: both my sisters - Inexcuseable and Indescribable - and their families (and Indescribable's dog), The Father, but not The Mother. She decided she'd much rather stay at home with Bitey and have some peace and quiet. I don't blame her - I wish I could have done, too.
Anyway, here are some photos:
Amongst other things, the Broads are famous for their windmills. This one's having a bit of work done.
This windmill was festooned with cormorants.
Somewhere amongst this lot is a kingfisher - can you spot it?
(Seeing kingfishers almost made this trip bearable. Almost.)
This hideous creature turned out to be...
... a heron.
We had a couple of extra guests for lunch.
I just loved watching these sailing boats gliding and zipping about.
The boats reminded me of the kids going out sailing in Jaws 2. Fortunately, there are no killer Great Whites in the Broads. But there was another terror lurking...
I hope you had your smelling salts to hand, Very Mistress?
(I didn't realise I had hit the 'video' button on Camera - I thought I was just taking a photo of that heron.)
September seems to have been very busy so far what with occasional school runs and babysitting, clearing the Grand Paysho ready for new paysho doors (this coming week), cleaning the house because it's too much for The Parents now (or is it? Hmmm.), and work, horrible work.
Still, I discovered Haute & Freddy's latest on the 3rd which took the edge off:
And I got to celebrate Star Trek Day on the 8th by watching Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home at the little cinema in town. It was the only ST film they were showing, but it's my second favourite and I missed it at the cinema the first time around (back in 1986).
I'll leave you with Thursday which was especially nice weather-wise - I took Bitey for a walk on the beach:
Was it YOU attached to those horrid green Crocs? I demand answers!
ReplyDeleteIf I moved to Norfolk, would I be a Norfolk Broad?