Sunday 25 June 2023

Water, Water Everywhere!


June is Water Month over at Melanie's Nature Led blog, and she wants to see

(Click the link for full 'terms & conditions')

 So, with that in mind, I set out with Camera yesterday to see what I could snap.  Unfortunately, yesterday lunchtime down on the beach was a bit dismal (but warm), and quite people even though the tide was in!  Suffice to say, the few water-related photos I took were rather lacklustre:

I availed myself of a swim while I was down there.
That's my stuff draped on the revetment on the right.  And, look - on the far left: People!


 
 Back at home, I sifted through photos from Junes past in search of suitable snaps (Melanie isn't so strict as to demand photos from this very month, but I like a set of rules to stick to and will make some up just to soothe my OCD and other neurodivergencies):

Early morning beach from 2nd June 2019

The knobbly old spine of some ancient sea monster, again from 2nd June 2019.
(The above two photos were first seen here)

Water in the air (clouds), in the earth (sand), and in the sea (uh, well, the sea...)
(From 14th June 2019, first seen here - along with many, many others)

Spume!  From 11th June 2020, as seen here.
 

  The spume photo above gave me an idea, so I got up early this morning before it got too hot (i.e. over 18°C) and toddled off down to the beach again.  This time with Bitey in tow...

The lady on the beach is not people, she lives in the village and is very nice.

To Cromer...

To Sidestrand...

Splish!

Splash!

Splosh!
(Somewhat out of focus, but I can forgive Camera because it didn't have much time to prepare)

Here's a slightly better one, although it still took Camera somewhat unawares.
I like this one for the little, circular ripple in the middle, but I'm less than thrilled with my foot...

Bitey is all like: "What the Christ is he doing?"
 
The beach as we left
 
 
 Totally unrelated, but the loganberry up the allotment has started cropping!  Well, it actually had a few ripe fruits last week, but they all got et on the way home...
 

14 comments:

  1. Not many shags, then? Great pics, though. And bonus logans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the shags seem to be being had elsewhere. This one came about by pure chance!

      Delete
  2. A shag and loads of spume - we like summer! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't have one and not the other and still call it Summer!

      Delete
  3. This takes me back to your spume hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is quivering in delight at being remembered!

      Delete
  4. I think Mels will be very happy with your spume!
    How the hell did you create so much???
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately all I've seen is dishwater, shower water, toilet water, and backyard watering water! Massively jealous, sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how dreary, Savvy. Can't you get all the grandchildren to do the chores while you and your MITM have a day out at the coast?

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous lonely beach, the best kind! *place obligatory spume play on words here*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That beach won't be lonely for long - the summer holidays are fast approaching, so there'll be people everywhere! And they'll come for the beach, but stay for the spume!

      Delete
  7. Oh look at what has been awaiting me over here! My apologies for taking so long to stop by! I too like to give myself rules to live by and can be quite OCD about some things which is why certain video games are helpful. I can stay up all night making something "just so" without driving anyone else crazy but myself. Right now, I'm neurotically trying to create the perfect green city in City Skylines Remastered because I don't want to dream. They all end up haunted until the residue fades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologise - life throws things at us that put our best plans in awry. It doesn't even care about our OCD sometimes!

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?