Friday 12 June 2020

Unf!




No, it's not the over-exuberant release of a frustrated teenager (or The Host) 



Or snow.
Yes, I know it's a possibility.  The Great British Summertime does like its little jokes...







Of course!  It's a spume-splattered groyne!



No, really, Great British Summertime, I won't stand for it.

And don't you dare show me your filthy, quivering spume hole!


Ack!  I said don't!!

::

Let's move on, shall we?





That's better.  Whether it's an alien landscape, or moss on a gatepost,
it's much more civilised than all that spume.

Ah, the bee orchids are back!  (Ophrys apifera)



That's it for now.  I'll leave you with this gnarled oak while I mop up:



 I knew I shouldn't have left Witchface in charge of these photos...

13 comments:

  1. "Spume spume spume spume. Lovely spume! Wonderful spume!"

    Jx

    PS or is Monty Python banned now? I lose track which bits of our culture it's OK to like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not, as I watched The Life of Brian on Netflix last night! Although, if it is banned, I don't care - the stoning scene on its own is worth being ostracised for.

      Delete
    2. There's me thinking your objection would be to the Witch-burning scene from "Holy Grail"... Jx

      PS Do you weigh the same as a duck? Erm - I'm asking "for a friend".

      Delete
    3. I'm not a witch, I'm not a witch! This isn't my nose - it's a false one. And asking a lady's weight will get you turned into a newt!

      Now, if you'll excuse me, someone needs to construct a bridge out of me...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Johnson with Cummings - too much of that sort of behaviour can make you go blind.
      Meanwhile, I am such an innocent, I thought it was a posting about spilt milk.
      Sx

      Delete
    2. I must admit - and probably disappoint - spilt milk was the first thing I thought of too.

      Delete
  3. Excuse me but exactly HOW am I supposed to move on from a filthy, quivering spume hole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Very Mistress! I'm terribly sorry. I forgot about your delicate sensibilities.

      It was rather difficult to move on from. I found myself enrapt as it slowly quivered to a close. Of course, then I threw another stone in it to make another hole!

      Delete
  4. The first picture reminded me of the public toilet floor in Fuengirola's bus depot. I had half an hour to kill before the bus arrived for Marbella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. Had someone spilled their milk in there, too?

      Delete
  5. Is it a marker of special quality when there's a hole in your spume ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it could be? Either that or some silly witch was throwing stones into it...

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?