Sunday 17 July 2022

A Garden Photos Event Announcement (massive, misshapen phallus not pictured)

 As promised last month, this is another official reminder to continue photographing your greenery (or, for some of you, to start, even) in preparation for... 

 

The House of

I N F O M A N I A C

Garden Photos Event 2022

 

... in November.

 Whether you have expansive rolling grounds, a tight back passage, or a precariously perched pot plant, get snapping to show off the results of your greenfingers (or brown thumbs) - we want to see it all!  No Brugmansia too big, no Soleirolia too small - anything goes.  And please include a brief - or verbose - caption/blurb with each photo/set-of-photos, ideally something that amongst other things (gardening tales, tips & observations, who your veiny, purple love cabbage reminds you of, for example) states what the plant is, because I'm not Jon (The Official Plant Spotter of Blogdom) and I don't want to do any more research than I have to!

I thought I'd use these photos I took...
 As well as photos of your current garden/courtyard/balcony/window box/pot plant/salad drawer, thanks to Dinah, this year's event will also include a 'Greenery of Gardens Past' exhibit.  To take part, please send in a photo or two of a previous garden that you tended, or a prized specimen that may no longer be with you (don't worry: this blog can support sepia toned and/or black & white photos - engravings and stone tablets are out, though).  It would be great to see how your garden has changed over the years, or if you've moved house, what your previous garden(s) looked like and what you grew.  For the old hands at this, if you can find something that hasn't featured in a Garden Photos Event before, even better! 

... up at the allotment yesterday morning...
 Finally, Terrifying Triffidery is still a thing so, just like last year and the year before, please include a photo of a monstrous or weird specimen for the Hallowe'en GPE prelude.  Or, if you don't have something like a corpse flower or a massive, misshapen phallus arum hanging around, a plant taken from an odd angle/closeup/while drunk will do just as well.

 Photos should be emailed to me by Saturday 29th October - my blog gmail address is in my Blogger Profile (there look, on the right at the top of the sideboard).  Or, if you have my personal hotmail address, use that instead.

... to illustrate this post.
 For any of The Very Mistress's old guard Bitches, or any lurkers or only occasional/sporadic visitors here who would like to take part - please do!  If you're not sure what this is all about, please click on my Infomaniac Garden Photos Event page (at the top of this blog) for info & a little history, and for links to previous years' gardens.  Oh, and don't worry if you haven't ever commented here before, and don't concern yourselves with not knowing who we are/us not knowing who you are - the more the merrier!  If you have any questions, thoughts or ideas, please leave them in the comments and I'll do my best not to ignore them.

 And remember: The Garden Photos Event is NOT a contest!  We're not looking for perfection and there'll be no judging - we just want to see how your garden grows, and maybe swap a few tips.

Happy Gardening!

25 comments:

  1. I dare say we'll be sifting through hundreds of photos by the time October comes.

    Can't wait, as always - it's such a fun event! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to select a few photos each month so I wouldn't have hundreds to go through in October, but it hasn't happened.

      :: checks GPE 2022 folder just in case ::

      No. There's just a shirtless pretty boy covered in mud (must be one of Ms Scarlet's ground crew).

      Delete
  2. I've been so busy writing and weeding I haven't taken many pictures of flowers this year. I guess I'm one of those people who should start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already trawling (trolling? lurking?) and may come up with a surprise or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. You know, that stuff that's sometimes plonked on the side of your plate as a garnish?

      Delete
    2. You want me to photograph my food ?!
      That won't look nice ...

      Delete
    3. Before you've masticated it, Mago. Before!

      Delete
  5. Tight back passage? Obviously, you don't know your followers very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, there might be one or two new lurkers?

      Delete
  6. I have a new phone and have taken a few shots already. I don't know. I might get my act together this year... but marigolds are really not all that exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you do, Mr Tonking. Marigolds are so bright and cheerful - I'd love to see some (I neglected to take photos of the ones growing up at the allotment, and now they're past their prime).

      Delete
  7. I keep forgetting to take pictures of what's going on now *starts wailing at own incompetence*
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be me and it does sound like me, but I think I'm not the only one around here who has plans, but lack execution. xoxo

      Delete
    2. Ha ha haa! You're so right, Savvy.

      :: Looks at 'to do' list then chucks it in the bin ::

      Delete
  8. I have quite a few on my smart phone.Smart Phone has died! Hopefully, someone can sort it out (tomorrow) and I've charged the BIG Camera's battery so should manage something...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, something managed to wind its way through the ether and into my in-box, so to speak... But there's always room for more!*


      * Which is totally unrelated to The Very Mistress's comment up there!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I wish. Just turning the corner around a motivational blank spot. Some sort of service shall be resumed soon, I hope!

      Delete
    2. Been AWOL form doing the rounds on other blogs, too, I notice. [Not that many people have been posting much lately, bien sûr!]

      Work is the curse of the drinking classes, I fear. Jx

      Delete
    3. These non posting people are appalling! Oh! I have an excuse - admittedly a very poor one, so I might write about it.
      Sx

      Delete
    4. Oh, they're terrible! Especially when they have a look to see what everyone else has been up to on the blogs and don't bother to leave a comment! (sorry Jon - I'll pull my finger out tomorrow as it's meant to be raining [at last!], so I'll be looking for indoor things to do)

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?