Sunday 20 January 2019

"Did I Win Yet? I'm, uh... Asking For A Friend"


 Well, as a matter of fact, you did!

 Yes, to mark this auspicious occasion - let's just say, your friend's anniversary of sorts - you win one of the first copies of this brand new unofficial and unauthorised biography: "Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not an IT expert. Oh... wait..." from Ladyboy Books (a division of Infomaniac Publishing Ltd).

 This hastily slapped together exhaustively researched, and very revealing book is the latest in the series of ill-advised and, frankly, unnecessary biographies of some of our least repellant most beloved bloggers.
 It has been carefully designed to not quite match the dimensions of the others in the series (The Very Mistress MJ Diaries, Ms Scarlet in the Pantry with the Can-Opener, and the third edition of The Very Mistress MJ Diaries [don't ask about the second]), so as to look "off" when placed on your shelf with them.  In fact, at the launch party, one guest with (rather over the top, if you ask me) OCD spontaneously combusted upon gazing at the bookshelf! 




So: Congratulations!  It's your birthday You won!

Credits:
 
Title and chapter headings, as follows, exclusively by LẌ
"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a Cubist!" Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Triangles" - November
"Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor not a straight man!" Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Punch Lines." - October
Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a lyricist! Dr McCoy, Star Trek, "The Troubles With Troggs." - September
"Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor not a numismatist!" Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Exact Change" - July
"Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor not an IT expert ... oh ... wait." Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Blogger" - May
"Damn it, Jim, I'm a cowboy not a doctor!" Curley Burne Warlock - May
"Damn it, Jim, I'm a doctor not a whale clothier!" — Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Cetaceans" - April
"Damn it, Jim, I am a doctor but please don't make me deal with a flaming uterus." — Dr McCoy Star Trek "The Troubles With Uteri" - March

All images from the National Museum of Computing, except "Madam in the Machine" on page 74, which is via blackandwtf

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant! At last Mr Lax has won something other than a slap from the Mistress... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladyboy Books (a division of Infomaniac Publishing Ltd) is a small publishing house noted for its stable of unstable authors.

    I won? [faints]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stable door was bolted after they'd all done a runner, which is why I had to slap this together!

      Now. Where did I leave those smelling salts?

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Mr Lax!!!!
    What a wonderful edition to the series! And I have a solution to for the odd dimensions of this book - I am going to leave my copy casually draped across a chair. Phew, I'm glad I solved my bookshelf dilemma.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Scarlet: It's the birthday of "a friend." I personally no longer have them.

      Delete
    2. The "Book on a Char" meme has been leading up to this moment, Ms Scarlet!

      After this year's birthday, I'm going to give them up, too. Consider it a New Year's resolution.

      Delete
  4. I am now seeking a retired tea-lady to drape things over; a new meme is imminent!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Ha ha. Oops!

      However, I do wonder if we can persuade Boadicea Overall to come out of retirement/death for this meme?

      Delete
  5. A birthday? And I missed it? *jesus wept* HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LX! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's so unlike you to miss anything, Savvy... ;)

      Delete
    2. Savannah: No worries. It was the birthday of "a friend."

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be receiving your tuppence ha'penny as soon as we sell a copy...

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?