Sunday, April 11, 2010
Well. Here we are again at Dead Endsville. I've got a couple of posts lined up, but they're not finished and I can't be arsed to make the effort complete them to my exacting satisfaction. So, instead, I bring you another meme, the third in this series, actually. The first two can be found here, and here, if you're so inclined.
Better get on with it, I suppose.
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages). OK. It's the really-very-good-actually Being Human novel Bad Blood by James Goss. Unsurprisingly, media-whore Tim is friends with the author, and also the cover designer, a certain Mr Lee Binding.
2. Open the book to page 123. Done!
3. Find the fifth sentence. 'Technical term.'
4. Post the next three sentences. 'All right, then!' enthused George. 'Dob Dob Dob!' He stepped over to Mitchell before he could see Annie's smile fall slightly.
George is a werewolf, Mitchell is a vampire, and Annie is a ghost, and they all live together in Annie's old house in Bristol. Annie has organised a bingo night to raise money to refurbish the community centre and the boys have turned up - just about on time - to support her. Sounds pretty run-of-the-mill, doesn't it? It's not, though. Not by a long shot. Especially when the vampire Human Resources manager at the local hospital turns up!
5. Tag five people. No! But feel free to have a go, though.