As Peenee laments in his latest - anniversary - post (happy 19th blog birthday, mrpeenee!),
"There are times when I sit down to write my latest hilarious blog and I discover I have absolutely no idea about what to write."
The same is very often true here, so I just slap up a few photos that I've taken recently and call it a day. But not today.
Today we're going to play a game.
Well, we've thought of a game to play but whether any of you join in is another matter.
I'm sure they will.
Anyway, it's very simple, there's no strenuous activity, and you don't really have to use your brain.
And we'll get two blog posts out of it!
"What about prizes?" I hear you ask. Well, there are none because this game doesn't have a winner or loser (except, possibly, the Host's dignity). Instead, the second results post is the 'prize'.
Plus, if you like it, you can play the game on your blogs too. It'll be different for everyone, so there'll be no boring repetition - well, it's very unlikely that there will be.
Right. Are you intrigued? Or at least a little curious? Or bored enough to take part in whatever the hells this is? Good. Then we'll begin:
All you have to do is pick a number between 1 and 108 and leave it in the comments. In a couple of days time, I will return with the consequences of your chosen numbers.
☙❧
Just in case anyone feels this is all too unfamiliar, discomforting, and too much to take in, I'll just slap up some photos I took from Thursday's visit to the Old Vicarage Gardens in East Ruston (last seen back in 2025, although I have been several times this year):
Between the Diamond Jubilee Walled Garden and the massive fruit cage (which I heard one visitor confidently tell her companion was an aviary. Silly cow.)
Pineapple lilies (Eucomis comosa)
And some more, but these are 'Sparkling Burgundy' (like the ones I have at home)
This massive bee was laden down with pollen by the time she'd finished at this hibiscus
I used to know what this pink thing is called, but I do know a gladdy when I see one!
I do not know what this graceful, pendulous flower is, though.
Some startlingly red roses.
Just a small part of the North Garden with hydrangeas, tree ferns, acers, tetrapanax (rice paper plant) and more!
That Acer's undercarriage!
Two different agapanthuses (agapanthi?) surrounded by geraniums.
☙❧
Remember: For a bit of a lark, before you go, pick a number between 1 and 108 and leave it in the comments. See you again soon!

73!!!! 73, please. What happens now? Will you have to wait 73 hrs before Blogger realises that you pressed the publish button??? Does it work like a raffle???
ReplyDeleteI am sort of working on a post. I have lost confidence in writing anything other than my morning journal. So silly.
Congrats to Mr Peenee for his 19th!
That pendulous flower looks rather aggressive - I hope Jon knows what it is.
Sx
73 it is, then. I haven't looked to see what 73 is yet, so this is very exciting! And it may not have been 73, but I'm sure it was about 7.3 hours before this post found its way onto the sideboards of Savvy, Mitzi and your good self.
DeleteAs for your next post, if push comes to shove, maybe a couple of excerpts from your journal like you did before to get back into the swing of things? Or maybe you could host your own version of my game once mine is over?
I'll have number 45, please. And after some more coffee and, maybe, breakfast, I'll have a crack at that "pink thing"
ReplyDeleteThe last photo reminds me so much of the glasshouse at chatsworth house
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the garden where you got cruised a few years ago? Anyhow, it's beautiful, and so well-kept considering the continuing heat and drought!
ReplyDeleteThe mystery plant #1 is Hesperantha (formerly Schizostylis) coccinea - and you say you know a gladdy? Mystery #2 is Gladiolus papilio! I'm not sure I like it, to be honest.
I'll take #'63 from the top, please, Carol. Jx
PS your blog post arrived in the Reading List before Mistress Maddie's...
ReplyDelete