I thought I'd do a quick catch up from the gardens of Hexenhäusli Device as I have loads of garden photos sitting around waiting for me to sort them out and see which are worthy of the Garden Photos Event in November. I don't think these will make the cut, but they do show what's going on here this month.
Early July was all about Ligularia and Lilies (last seen here). Aside from one terminal triffid flower, the foxgloves in the Lake Border are just about over, as are the two towering Echium pininanas beyond.
A mish-mash of pots containing aloes, agaves, aeoniums, agapanthus, lavender, iris, cosmos, callistemon and crinum.
This is the British version of the Echium pininanas:
the rather less majestic E. vulgare, viper's bugloss
A selection of roses. The pink and yellow ones at either end are those pointless little thornless, scentless houseplant 'gift' roses that can be picked up in supermarkets. The Parents were gifted them years ago and they ended up in the garden where they have grown considerably.
Until then, pulmonaria, geraniums, ferns and gaura provide ground cover.
Hanging Green Gate Fuchsias.
In order of appearance on the 'Gate, from left to right, top to bottom:
Dancing Flame and Dark Eyes
Wendy's Beauty and Blacky
Auntie Jinks and Marinka
Blacky (well, I do have two of them on the 'Gate) and Delta's Sara(h)
Non-Green Gate Fuchsias:
I call her Dorothy but she's almost certainly not, and another label-less specimen
Southgate (I think?) and almost certainly Eva Boerg
Other blooms: Fish mint (Houttuynia cordata), globe thistle (some sort of Echinops), an Agapanthus of some description, and a double day lily.
The Mother's waterlily has put up two gorgeous flowers this year.
And finally, Gladiola "At Night" is putting on a show right now!
So, how do your gardens grow? Are you getting prepared for the Infomaniac Garden Photos Event?
There may be more garden photos from me soon as I'm off to RHS Sandringham tomorrow! (You'd better not hold your breath though, as blogging time is still not as generous as I'd like.)






It's all looking stupendous, Mr DeVice!
ReplyDeleteI can't deny, I went off down a "rabbit hole", trying to see if I could identify either of your "mystery Fuchsias", to no avail. Both are gorgeous. The one with blue corollas looks familiar, but I went back into our archive photos of varieties we have grown over the years, and it's not quite Sophie Louise, but close... Of the rest, we have both Dark Eyes and Marinka in our current collection, and have grown a few of the others in the past.
Can't wait for "The Great Garden Show'n'Tell" this autumn! Jx
PS Neither this post nor Maddie's latest have yet shown up in the Reading List...