Thursday, 23 July 2026

A Barrage of Spume

"Taken unawares from behind, absolutely covered from head to toe with a deluge, nay, barrage of thick, salty spume!"
 
 I started this post on Sunday after returning from the beach narrow strip of stones at the foot of the cliff with Bitey but, what with one thing and another, never finished it.  I can't remember where I was going with it, so I'll just publish it now pretty much as is.
 
 This is what greeted us as we approached the promenade having finished our walk.  When we got down the cliff earlier in the morning, I thought the tide was as high as it was going to get.  I was wrong.
 

 Yes, of course we got wet attempting to get across the slippery clay to the prom. 
 
♪♫♬♩
 
 Here's some of the music I listened to while drying off:

Jessie Ware - Sauna (Extended Version)

Snow Patrol & Kylie - These Alarms

Robin - Always

7 comments:

  1. Frothy!
    How come I can watch YouTubes here, but at Jon's I get an error message and I'm sent to watch it on YouTube. Blogger must have favourites - you must be one of them as this post updated on my sideboard straight away.
    I like the Kylie and Snow Patrol tune! Thank you!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very odd. I don't usually have any trouble watching videos at Jon's. In fact, I've just watched a couple there. What is he doing to aggravate the dastardly Blogger gnomes, I wonder?
      I'm going to have a look at your "TEST" post in a mo to see if I can make heads or tails of the whole debacle.

      Delete
    2. Ack, the test post wasn't really a post!! After watching YouTubes here they then worked on Jon's blog! I have no idea what's going on, but something fishy, that's for sure.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I noticed this post on Savvy's sideboard almost immediately after I'd published it, but Jon's latest from yesterday (Saxy) has only just appeared! And Dinah's "... movement" hasn't moved on to the sideboard yet.

      Delete
  2. It would be difficult to tear me away from the coastline, although I probably wouldn’t have tried to cross it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it had been a nicer day, we may have resorted to lounging about on the sliver of sand farther back until the tide went out a bit. As it was, we'd've either been blown or washed away!

      Delete
    2. Given the choice of either being washed away or being blown, I’d choose blown.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?