Thursday 23 May 2024

All Hands On Deck(s) - Star Trek: Lower Decks


Calling all Lower deckers!  On April 12th Paramount+ announced the upcoming 5th season of Star Trek: Lower Decks will be its last.  The cast, crew and fans have all expressed a strong desire to go beyond this season.
 
As Mike Okuda, a graphic designer best known for his work on Star Trek, posted to social media:
 
One of the ways that the success of a streaming show is measured is by the number of minutes that each episode is streamed.  If a lot of fans replayed each episode a lot, it is conceivable that that could make a blip in the ratings.
 
Our goal is to make that blip!


 I love Star Trek: Lower Decks (LDS) - it's my favourite Star Trek series, and joint favourite series overall (with Ghosts [UK]) - and still can't quite believe it's coming to an end this year.  So, I'm posting this just in case it gets that one person to stream/watch who will tip the odds and save the series.  
 
 Basically, if you subscribe to Paramount+, on Saturday 25th May please just start streaming Star Trek: Lower Decks!  You don't have to watch it (although I recommend that you do), just have it on in the background while you read, or discipline the houseboys, or choose a maid-of-all-work from your Maid Aquarium, or calligraph Scottish Widows' address onto an envelope, or select muscle pussy for your next blog post, or loll around on your fainting chaise wearing stripy tights or whatever it is you like to do.
 
 Click the link under the title image to find out more (or here, just click here) - there's even a recipe for a cock-a-tail!  And here are some endorsements (at background artist for LDS Amanda Wong's Bluesky account).
 
 As the link suggests we do, here's some of my LDS fan art - and one from my niece, Lionel (not her real name):
 
My latest LDS fan art: Transporter Malfunction (from January 2024) featuring Ensigns Mariner, Tendi, Rutherford, and Boimler

Ensign Mariner by Lionel from March 2023
(She had clearly been observing me delving into the pantry looking for a mixer for my gin!)

Also from March last year: The Andorian with the Rubber Ducky Room Tattoo which features my favourite non-speaking background even lower deckers

Ahhhh....  Rutherford!
A selection of Ensign Rutherford playthings from Jan-Feb 2023

RAWR!

Sparky Tim in LDS style as Captain Teedjé Leng from November 2022


Lower Decks!  Lower Decks!  Lower Decks!

A chocolate Rutherford from season four's "Parth Ferengi's Heart Place" - Yum!
 
The utterly terrifying (and adorable) Moopsy from season four's "I Have No Bones Yet I Must Flee"
 
 
Stream Lower Decks on Saturday 25th May!
 
Please.

16 comments:

  1. Fyi. I do my best work below deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is why there are so many happy sea men!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I'm washing my hair that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is shame. Still, nevermind, I'll be sure to post plenty more Star Trek Lower Decks stuff just for you afterwards!

      Delete
  3. Er....I get the impression that you are a fan of Lower Decks??
    Erm....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the odd viewing now and again, yes.

      Delete
  4. Is The Shat somewhere in this ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, no! Although George Takei - Mr Sulu - is (only once, mind).

      Delete
  5. For a split second if felt like I was going to understand something, then it left me, if it returns, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do, Mitzi!

      (It wasn't anything to do with the 'choking hazard' warning stickers, was it?)

      Delete
  6. Just saw this and realised it's today! I'll turn the TV on asap! Actually, it will be after the MITM watches some golf tournament. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh. Golf? That lasts for HOURS!

      But thank you x

      Delete
  7. Better dig up Lucille Ball...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She would have sorted all this out. Next time get here sooner with your suggestions, Dinah.

      Delete
  8. I'm on catch-up with people's blogs. I have no idea what any of this means, so I'm moving on. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. You didn't miss anything of importance here.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?