Sunday 17 March 2024

Reasons Why... II

 I'm not sure how to start this post, so I'm just going to dive right in with this lightly edited response to a very kind email from Mr Mago:
 
 "There a few reasons for my blogging absence, but, sadly, bumping into Mr Adonis on the beach* is not one of them.  Time (as in "lack of") and work are the main culprits I think, and the Winter darkness hasn't been conducive to making any particular effort either.  Combined, these reasons have culminated in the loss of my blogging "mojo".   I've sat down with Blogger open now and again, but can't muster up the enthusiasm to write anything - even posting images seems like a big effort.   I've visited other blogs now and again - including yours, of course - in the hopes of getting the wind back in my sails, but I can't even think of anything to say in the comments.  Plus, I've missed so much that catching up with everything seems like a chore - and it shouldn't be!  (That's work's influence.  Work has been relentless for the past year or so, and sitting in front of my PC doing something other than reading feels like work, so I end up aimlessly following links until I get fed up then go and watch something fun on telly to get over it all - such as Bluey, those Australian animated dogs from my previous post.)
 "However, I have nearly two weeks off work from the middle of next week with no plans except for gardening & sorting out the allotment, so I'm hoping the extra time and the brighter days will help in getting that blogging mojo back!  I do miss it and you and the rest of our little community - and I even have some Star Trek art I can post until something else catches my attention that's worth blogging about."
 
 So, I sat down to finish this post which entailed opening up YouTube to get the code for a new song I like (see below), but that meant I had to listen to it all as well (and "Wicked Game" by Girls Aloud).  Then I remembered that Ms Scarlet had emailed me with some questions of a highly personal nature that I'm not going to share here, so I opened up my emails to reply before I published this post, but clocked a notification from Wonky Words about the NEW POST Ms Scarlet had threatened to publish in her email so I had to read that (I didn't send the rook, by the way.  I can manage a jackdaw and occasionally a crow, but rooks are out of my comfort zone).  And then the washing machine beeped its shrill annoying beeps to let me know it had finished turning my bed linen inside out (how does it do that?!?) and that I had to empty it RIGHT THAT MOMENT!  So, down the stairs I went to decant the pillowcases and duvet cover and the like from the washing machine to the tumble dryer - turning everything the right way around as I did so.  But as I type this, I'm thinking I should have left it all inside out because the tumble dryer also turns everything inside out - if it doesn't twist it all up into a hot, tight, damp little ball first (why does it do that?!?).
 Oh, and my coffee is going cold and is almost finished so I'm wondering if I should go and make another one or finish this post first?  While I'm dithering, here's that new music I mentioned:

Bright Light Bright Light & Ultra Naté - Every Emotion




* There is a Mr Adonis at the pool, though: The handsome, surly, golden-brown fox of a lifeguard who sits in his lifeguard observation chair looking bored and/or slightly angry and, therefore, very sexy.**  There hasn't been any bumping, though.

** Description taken from a previous post in which I made excuses for not posting, funnily enough.  Oh, and his name's Ryan.

P.S. While I was searching for that description of Ryan-the-Foxy-Lifeguard, the tumble dryer insistently beeped at me, so I had to go down and untangle the hot, damp, tight little ball of bed linen and set it going again!

P.P.S. I didn't reply to Ms Scarlet's email!  Must do that next.

27 comments:

  1. Oh, I have sent another email with some more questions of a personal nature. Oops.
    Anyhow, about that bed linen - are you talking duvet cover? I'm guessing you are - you have to button it up before you put it in the wash so that it can't turn itself inside out, or collect other items of clothing. Job done.
    Yes, my non-blogging reasons are much like yours. You need a Rook to shake you out of your torpor. Or maybe a Parrot??? Oh my goodness - I want a Parrot!!! Or a Myna bird???
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should we assume you two were together all this time??? Did you both emerge from a Shamrock patch, what with St Patrick's today......

      I'm guess a Shamrock Shake smeared all over a naked Mr DeVice , by me , of course, will rouse My DeVice!!! I'm glad to see you both.

      Delete
    2. Ooh, that shake was cold, Maddie! Consider me awake!

      And, yes, Ms Scarlet, I am talking duvet cover - along with fitted sheet and pillowcases. I should have been a bit more specific as I do button up the duvet cover - it's the pillowcases that turn themselves inside out. And the fitted sheet tends to gather up everything else in the washing machine, but it's the duvet cover that does that in the dryer, cocooning everything else within.

      Oh, and I'm behind again with my emails, but will probably get to them later. Or tomorrow. Tomorrow is more likely...

      Delete
  2. Oh, the trials and tribulations of life, Mr DeVice...

    I'm quite the opposite, I find blogging cathartic and an outlet for my (occasionally) creative side - which work certainly doesn't provide.

    Spring helps with the mood, too. Now that the weather shows signs of brightening up, it'll soon be time to ditch the "tangling tumble-drier" and start pegging-out! Jx

    PS Bright Light Bright LIght and Ultra Naté?!! A match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the dryer is soon to be retired for the "summer"! I need to invest in some more pegs beforehand though, as Bitey and the nieces & nephew have marmalised/lost rather a lot of them.

      Delete
  3. No need to explain...we blog when we want!!!! Every time I go on vacation, with so much going on after getting back, like getting caught up and such, it is getting harder and harder to blog regularly again. I guess a day will come when we all go dark. And oddly enough, I had a dream with you in about a week ago. We were on some cruise, a private boat, and touring the world, saw some neat things, picturing taking, ( I got some grest nudes of you BTW) and may have gotten drunk and ended up in bed together. Of all people to scold us it was Theo James. And he was mean about it too. He should have been so lucky to get into bed with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What had you eaten, Mads? Weird.

      But Theo James, though... Yum! Jx

      Delete
    2. I must remind to cut sweets off at night by 7pm. Unless of course I want sex dreams with Mr DeVice.

      Delete
    3. I could stand a cruise with you on a private yacht, but "Great nudes"? You must have been looking at someone else, Maddie (unless the lighting was VERY forgiving. Or turned off!). Probably Theo James now that I know who he is (I had to google him as I haven't seen anything he's in - he looks like a younger version of my friend's husband!)

      Delete
    4. He's the one that died bonking Lady Mary in Downton Abbey! Jx

      PS Lucky friend.

      Delete
    5. I had to look up Theo James too. You can have him. He looks too much like my young nephews and that just a big negative for me. I'll take Billy Idol at any age above the legal age of consent. Can I still join the cruise? I make delicious Blackberry-Mint Mojitos and sweet breads.

      Delete
  4. Sweetpea! We seem to be on the same course, just different lanes these days! I had to ask (prod/nag/tried calling it inspiring) the MITM to blog because he was going on about not being able to write and then he DID! As Maddie said, it was a long one, too! Anyway, write when you feel like it and I'll read it when it shows up! xoxoxoxo (extras because I missed you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I need a MITM (with a long one) of my own, Savvy! And, thank you x

      Delete
  5. There must be something in the ether, floating around the world and infecting blogging mojos. (Except Mr Mago's - he still manages to make soup and play music). And, of course, the usual culprits/excuses/ blatant lies get in the way of productive blogging...
    But....WELCOME BACK! ( INSERT OWN SMILEY FACE KISSES)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Dinah! I wonder if a face mask or innoculation would stave off this blogging mojo infection?

      Delete
    2. No needles!! I had flu vax AND a shingles vax on Tuesday and both stab sites felt like Henry Cooper's punching bag until Saturday!

      Delete
  6. Hold on, hold on, hold the heck on! I see on the sidebar there was an Ambassador's Party??? When was this and why was I not invited??? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ambassador's party is still going on, Savvy. It's all my published posts since 2005 (2005?!??), and you were definitely invited. In fact you attended quite a few of the parties - I think one of the final "The Epic Collaboration"s between Ms Scarlet and me was the last one? Although, I think you had had a drink or twelve, so maybe that's why you don't remember?

      Delete
  7. Speaking of getting distracted easily, I only got as far as your mention of Wicked Game when I also had to go and listen to it ( a charming cover) and then Maddie's mention of Theo James had me ricocheting off into another direction entirely. I'm going to go watch The Gentlemen, which I haven't seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm all for a distraction or two, Mr Peenee. Although I simply can't imagine what kind of distraction Theo James had on you, I'm sure.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, Mr DeVice!!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that you have had a difficult time of it.
    If something you enjoy starts to feel like work then walking away and giving it a rest is a good thing.
    Just know that you are loved and were missed and that you are a blogging inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sage advice, Madam A. And thank you for the very kind words.
      I'm feeling much better about it all now. I think the time off work has really helped, and now that I've published something - not to mention left a few comments here and there - it's all coming back to me.

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of an argument with my mom when I was a teenager. She was yelling at me to get my head back in reality and stop daydreaming so much and I was like, "Why would I want to do that? Reality sucks! Everyone is depressed and stressed and people are starving and kids are dying and its one war after another. I've already done my fucking homework, leave me alone ma!" To which I promptly stormed off to my room and played power ballads, probably "Close My Eyes Forever" by Ozzy Osborne and Lita Ford because that was the pinnacle of my teenage angst at the time.

    Happy Birthday, Spring baby! Go buy yourself some pretty flowers and pretend they are from me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?