Sunday 2 November 2014

Samhain at Cromer Lighthouse


 After the excesses of Hallowe'en on Friday night, yesterday the Host and I - plus the SubConsciouses of course - observed the close of Samhain - the festival of darkness - from the highest point in Cromer, and rather appropriately: the Lighthouse.


 From its perch on the cliff top, views of the North, the South, the East, and the West are uncluttered and endless - Just right for watching over this little part of the world and bidding safe passage to the recently deceased.








 

8 comments:

  1. I love me a lighthouse, I do.

    Did the spirit of Piggy float by, by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice set of photos! What views! "Well done" to all of ye (all of you?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you stay there for the night?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed at this lighthouse hostel, 25 miles south of San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I should like to go on a lighthouse tour... but I will need to find some sponsers.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lighthouses. What a fab way to spend Samhain.

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?