Saturday 26 September 2009

Poofiest Yorkshire


And we're back. From holiday, that is.

Here's where we were:


View Larger Map

Actually, we stayed in a lodge on the edge of Carlton Miniott, just outside Thirsk (scroll left on the map along the A170 and A61). The GoogleMap shows where most of the photos were taken. It centres on Low Town Bank Road, but we actually drove along the A170, up Sutton Bank and parked at the top before walking along a footpath that ran alongside a glider launch facility.
Here, look. I've snipped the map to show you:




Here're the pictures:



This is me and Moom. For continuity purposes I'm wearing the infamous striped top. Do your worst, MJ!








Between the trees is the aforementioned big cliff at the end of our walk.

This is our lodge. Actually, this is the one opposite ours - I never got around to taking a picture of ours. However, ours is the same as the one on the right, here.

Ah. Here's me in the hot tub outside our lodge. And, no, I hadn't been eating beans!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that lodge actually looks really nice.

    Things I did not need to see #27: you in a hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you didn't need to see it, what with you already having that photo of me in your wallet, but I thought others might like to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At what point did you let Moom come up for air?

    ReplyDelete
  4. * huff *

    As if I'd subject Moom to the perils of a hot tub. Why the chlorine alone would be punishment enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics look amazing! Fantastic views! I really like the rolling hills and beautiful clouds--great eye for amazing shots.

    I see you've mapped out all the places you two explored along the way. Perhaps if you weren't too busy getting on, you might have seen the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Temporarily rendered speechless.

    Nevertheless, I have questions.

    See my Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Great pictures, I'm so glad you had a great time. I never get tired of seeing the striped shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks really nice and I'm glad you had a good time.

    Were you naked in the tub?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The striped shirt must smell rough by now. Did you use it to render Moom unconscious?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scenery looks fantastic and I want to live in one of those lodges.Yorkshire doesnt look very poofy tho

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?