Thursday, 24 September 2026

Where The Very Mistress Fears to Tread

 
There's something wrong with this sign at the pool I frequent - can you spot it?
 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
 
 In Blog Feed / Sideboard related news, I have just removed the 's' from the https in all your blog addresses and my Sideboard has updated!  Well, except for the Wordpress sites.  Blogger would have us believe that dear Mago hasn't posted for two weeks or more!  In fact, his latest Sunday Music was published only a few days ago - on Sunday, funnily enough.

31 comments:

  1. Just what in hell kind of establishment are you freguenting that allows Crocs?!?!? Crocs!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this world coming too? I might need my smelling salts....

    Meanwhile I will however take the hunk in the reflection. May I help you into a speedo handsome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a proper chav joint.

    Hoorah for the sideboard! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to have heated words with the Swim Manager - who just happens to be "my" lifeguard...

      Delete
    2. A stiff word, then? Jx

      Delete
    3. A hard thing is good to find, they say... Jx

      Delete
  3. Why would any sane person buy Crocs for gardening? They have HOLES all over them (I think it's a manufacturing hook...they're in league with the Band-aid makers!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It boggles the mind, Dinah.
      (My sister and nephew were moaning about the holes in Crocs letting in filth and stones the other day - and yet they still wear them!!)

      Delete
    2. I'll have to take a picture of my garden CLOGS...no holes in them!

      Delete
    3. "CLOGS"? Hmmm... Perhaps we can all judge yo- I mean, them, at the GPE?

      Delete
    4. Clogs are acceptable garden footwear. It's a thin line though, really.

      Delete
    5. I had TWO pairs of garden clogs which I donated to charity when we ,moved to NZ. They were made by a Dutch klompenmaker

      Delete
    6. I want a giant pair of Dutch clogs, as shown in Jon's link.

      Klompenmaker is my new word of the day.

      Delete
  4. Sideboard success!

    Footwear fail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swings and roundabouts, Very Mistress. Swings and roundabouts...

      Delete
  5. Same thoughts re Crocs, Dinah? THEY HAVE HOLES - the mud gets to your socks, or feet. Rubbish for gardening.
    Not sure about the sideboard success - I tried it and it didn't work for me - I'll try again and see what happens. WordPress is probably completely incompatible now!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sideboard fix works!! Yay!!
      Sx

      Delete
    2. Crocs are rubbish for everything! Except... as a plaything for Bitey. He loves to wrestle them off my nephews feet (while he's walking around in them!), then shake them and fling them around the garden!

      I'm amazed that the Sideboard fix works, Ms Scarlet. I tried it a week or two ago and it only worked for one or two Blogger blogs, so I re-added the s. But when I gave it another go the other day it worked for ALL Blogger blogs. Not sure what to do about the WP blogs, though?

      Delete
    3. Bitey is offended by Crocs, and rightly so.

      Delete
  6. They say that any hole is a goal. That must be except when it comes to Crocs. That’s where the dignity leaks from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. You definitely are, Mago. The Blogger demons are another matter entirely!

      (I see you've put up some photos from a walk AND today's Sunday music since I last looked. I shall give them a proper look/listen now.)

      Delete
  8. Brilliant! No dignity in those things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Petra can be counted on for throwing some shade.

      Delete
  9. Alone in my evil footwear I stand, defiant! In other news what does removing the 's' do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turns Crocs into singular Croc which is still one too many.

      Delete
    2. Excellent comeback, Petra. You're really on a roll.

      Delete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?