Saturday 16 September 2017

Overcast in Overstrand


 Another long photo post, but this one doesn't have music!  Oh, how I spoil you.

 The first six photos are from a brief perambulation along the promenade on 10th September - an overcast, yet calm day that had me thinking my first thoughts about how Autumnal the end of Summer is getting.







::

 Then these next photos are from the 13th. Windy skies and rough seas abound.
 Oh, and cormorants.









In the middle distance, a flock of cormorants on the beach

Here's a closer look

"Oh, crap.  It's that bloody busy-body witch again.  Let's go!"

"Nyyah, nyyah!  You can't catch us!"






 I don't want to accept that Autumn is almost upon us here in the Northern Hemisphere.   Especially as Prinny & Dinahmow are getting ready for Spring down in Oz...

 

17 comments:

  1. Don't you find a choppy sea is strangely erotic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, waves constantly bashing the prom and flinging white salty spray everywhere? Erotic? No, I don't see it myself...

      Delete
    2. - Wiping a strange white substance off his face - No, neither do I! Actually it reminds me of something which once happened to me in Manzoni Gardens but we won't go there...

      Delete
    3. Sadly they had to 'redevelop' the stains away! They came off my shoe alright, though.

      Delete
  2. Thought you had gone all artsy on us with black and white in the first set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chance. I'm too lazy to work out which buttons to press on Camera to take artsy photos, so I just waited until Mother Nature sorted it all out for me.

      Delete
  3. My, your groyne is getting battered! Autumn is definitely the most depressing time of year... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. autumn here in the south is as Faulkner once said about the smell of decay and overripeness or words to that effect. it's really true though, even with the end of summer being the middle of hurricane season! xoxo (i love your photos!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take the smell of decay over a hurricane any day. I don't envy you your location at this time of year, dear Savvy.

      Delete
  5. We don't see many days like that Overstrand set. Especially right now - it's already dangerously hot and so dry .

    No cormorants, but there was a goose on the groyne the other day!I thought of you.The Man asked me why I was chuckling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A be-goosed groyne? Perhaps it was practising at being a cormorant?

      Delete
  6. kind of beautiful in a super duper depressing way!

    :-) Hi IDV, sorry its been so long since I've visited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyahgirl!!!! What a lovely surprise! So great to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well?

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous as always! What spectacular shots you've shared! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Tickle my fancy, why don't you?